Uniden BR330T help needed for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgordonsux

I just received my BR330T. Something I've wanted for YEARS! Wife finally let me buy one. I was recently in LA and heard all the crazy stuff that happens in that town. But now that I've returned home to New Braunfels, TX (a suburb of San Antonio), I'm having problems getting my scanner to monitor the local radio traffic. If I lock on to specific frequencies, I hear all sorts of great radio traffic. But, for some reason, I can't get the scanner to scan a certain group of frequencies. In a nutshell, here's my dilemna...

I have a list of frequencies that I have been able to input into the scanner.

If I monitor individual frequencies I hear some radio traffic. But, I want the scanner to sweep across the group of frequencies and pick up any traffic.

Currently, the scanner bypasses these frequencies in scan mode saying "ID Search". I don't really understand why.

Can anyone please give me a walkthrough of how to set up the scanner so that I can literally lock out everything else and only scan a select group of frequencies (about 20 and they're all in the 900 mhz range)? I don't want to delete anything since I travel across the country regularly and want to be able to monitor other cities.

I've tried to use the "trunk programming" help on the Uniden support website... but it's telling me to input a "Talk Group ID". Where can I find that info? Do I need it? Is there a way to tell the scanner to monitor just frequencies A-B that I've input?

I'm super happy with my purchase, but if I could just tell the scanner to scan a specific group of frequencies, I'd be even happier.

Maybe I'm digging in the wrong place but currently, if I monitor 1 channel, it seems as if, I'm only able to hear one side of the radio traffic.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Please provide a link to the RadioReference database page showing the specific system you are having problems with, or list the specific frequency/system information you are trying to program.

jgordonsux

Frequencies

The frequencies I want to scan are:

New Braunfels:

Comal County:

San Marcos:

I hope that helps. I'm really not sure what you're asking for, but I sincerely appreciate your help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looks like I was asking for a link to this page: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=48

You need to program these each into EDACS systems. You might be able to find someone in the Texas forums who has a good LCRA setup for the system.

You need to read in the Wiki (http://wiki.radioreference.com) on how trunked systems work to understand how that system should be programmed. For example, in addition to the frequencies, you should also program in the specific talk group IDs for the agencies you want to hear.

jgordonsux

Talk Group IDs

Thanks for the info. So far, I think I've got it. But, my main question is where can I find the Talk Group IDs? Is there a database that has this info? I'm sorry if these are basic questions, but honestly, this is my first scanner and any experience with scanning so please be gentle.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Yes. See the link in my message just above yours. After all the frequencies are listed you'll see the Talk Group IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.