Uniden BR330T on Uniden Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkrubsack

Scannerworld.com also has some for a few $ less. That's where I ordered mine.
Excellent broad-coverage scanner. The NASCAR logo sucks, but I got a nice nylon-like case from scannermaster.com that covers it up.

I think it's a better scanner than the 246 which is similarily priced.

Last edited:

Eng74

The BR330T is a good radio but I think they had a good idea for two radios and just made one. For a raceing scanner it is too complex and offers things like trunking, fire toneout that I would bet 90% of the race scanner user would never use. They use the radio just a few times a year when they are at a race then the rest of the time it is turned off. What I would like to see is a new 330 that is not a race scanner with some updates. Since it is not a race scanner the 0 key would become a quick key and no NASCAR logo, minor improvment for everyone right there. Up the memory to the 396's 3,000 from the 330's 2,500, more memory is always better. A change to the fire tone-out. Be able to use PL/DPL with fire tone out. Add a tone out decode. If the can do it with PL/DPL why not the tone outs? Be able to set up the tone out as a system or system's with unlimited number of "stations". Be able to lock out stations you do not want and or be able to hold on one station. The last two things add multi site to the trunking and temporary lock out.

mkrubsack

My BR330T arrived via UPS today. Very nice radio. I got it esp. for the airband coverage. It will be great for the airshows.

I won't miss the digital functions of the 396 that I returned, because we don't have much digital activity here in Fresno. My BCD996T has yet to hear a digital signal.

I am still waiting on the invisibleSHIELD display protector. I got one from ZAGG here:
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
Supposed to protect the display from scratches, and is pretty tough as their video shows.

I'm a happy camper with the BR330T.

bwilborn

I bought a 330 from Glenn at Scanners Unlimited right before he retired. Although I live in an area that is primarily digital, I heard really good things about this scanner. I can honestly say that I'm not disappointed. Even though it doesn't get much use at home, when I'm on the road in places that are still mostly analog, it works like a champ.

-- B

Status
Not open for further replies.