BR330T: Uniden BR330T pure analog wideband scanner - original price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0adband

Does anyone happen to remember what the original retail price for the Uniden BR330T analog wideband scanner happened to be? I've been trying to locate one recently and I've found a few in various places (there's just one on eBay, seen one or two on some Ham related forums, maybe one here in the RR classifieds as well). I could have sworn it was like $299.95 but I can't get a confirmation on that anywhere, not with Google or even Archive.org at the moment.

I'm asking because apparently ScannerMaster sells them brand new (guess it's a bit weird they still stock them in some respects) but they're asking $495 for a purely analog scanner that's almost 10 years old now (iirc when it released, sometime in 2005-ish) and I'm trying to get some concept as to why they'd be seriously asking that kind of price. I understand supply and demand quite well but, even so, that's just... well, it's way way beyond what I would expect considering the BCD436HP is way way more capable and brand new and retails for a few bucks more.

Anyway, if anyone happens to know the original retail BR330T price I'd love to figure out what it was, maybe UPMan has access to that or remembers it off the top of his head.

Thanks for any assistance...

Eng74

One of my most used radios. I use it when I am in my home area an do not need digital and use the FTO all the time too and is also great for race scanning. The rubber grips on the sides are worn smooth where I grab it and the tab to lift the cover for the connector is worn out too. The 330 had too much stuff for most race fans, what was its market.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Looked like a very good review it got. Can anyone offer a comparison to, say, a BCT15X as far as sensitivity, alpha tags, programming ease goes?

N8IAA

I guess Scanner Master doesn't want to sell any:D That is an outrageous price for a scanner that is no longer in production. Universal sold one used for $189.99 somewhere in the near past. That is what you would expect to pay for one now, new or used. Dig up old posts hear on RR about that receiver. I know some had problems with the speaker and other issues.
Had always wanted one for portable VHF/UHF air monitoring. Just never pulled the trigger on one.
Larry

scannersnstuff

heres the story. scannermaster bought up the remaining inventory of br330s from uniden. NOTHING in that scanner is worth their crackhead price of $499.95 !. true it had very wide frequency coverage. it was at best a marginal performer, sensitivity wise. it did have somewhat loud audio.. scannermaster did drop the price once to an incredible $399.95 ?. big friggin' woop. they have had them in the inventory lineup since fred flintstone was eating bronto burger's. so i guess i ain't alone in my thinking !. rant off.

Last edited by a moderator:

br0adband

Yah, I'm really irked at what ScannerMaster is attempting to extort for that scanner as I'd really like to purchase one but, as I hinted at if I were to cough up $500+ for a scanner it most certainly wouldn't be the BR330T. I understand companies wanting to make a profit, I really do, but that's just crazy-insane pricing. Now, if they were including TWO of them in the price, hrmmm...:p

Thanks for the input, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.