Uniden BR330T, removing batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0UHS

Is it just me, or are removing the 3 rechargeable batteries in this scanner to replace them with fresh ones a pain in the a**. I don't have much in the way of fingernails, but i've never had the problem taking batteries out of a scanner than i do with this one. I know you can charge the batteries internally, but that takes days! Any help? do they make a special tool for removing the batteries that i don't know about???

thanks, roger

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
KC0UHS said:
Is it just me, or are removing the 3 rechargeable batteries in this scanner to replace them with fresh ones a pain in the a**. I don't have much in the way of fingernails, but i've never had the problem taking batteries out of a scanner than i do with this one. I know you can charge the batteries internally, but that takes days! Any help? do they make a special tool for removing the batteries that i don't know about???

thanks, roger
I don't have a problem, but why not lay a thin cloth or plastic strip in the battery tray area, before inserting the batteries. Lots of devices use one that are secured in place on one end. Just add your own. As long as it's thin enough not to raise the batteries so much that the cover won't go on, should solve your problem.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm thinking a slide cover that would lock on the bottom of the radio would be better for this type of battery situation, so the batteries could drop out of the compartment. Most of us do not recharge the batteries in the radio due to the Uniden timer only method anyway. maybe in a future model we need a AA (or AAA) battery pack, such as used on ham radios?

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Nooooo, no battery pack... unless it's something you could put AA's into, like an empty case. One of those shrink wrapped packs is a bad idea.

scannersnstuff

Battery Cover

i have the same problem more so in my 396t than my br330.it also seems that the problem get's worse with the higher capacity nimh batteries.the 2650's make it harder to fit than the 2500's.possibly the higher cap's are thicker ?.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Napalm said:
Nooooo, no battery pack... unless it's something you could put AA's into, like an empty case. One of those shrink wrapped packs is a bad idea.

No, not a wrapped battery pack per say, just a battery case you can slide on or into the radio. We were fortunate to get away from them after the 235/245/250/296 generations.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Like you find in a Pro-26 for instance?

That would be quite nice, as long as it was an even number of cells. I hate having to use three - I know, don't be so cheap and buy a charger that can do three at a time... but at the moment I have to charge four, use three and have one left over. Which is a pain in the butt.

maalox

hi... i wonder why they did not make the 330t 2 batteries instead of 3. and brighter light like the 246t.

KC0UHS

DaveIN said:
Most of us do not recharge the batteries in the radio due to the Uniden timer only method anyway.

So what is exactly is the problem with charging the batteries while in the scanner? And what do you mean by timer only method. I sure don't want to damage my scanner if there is a problem charging the batteries while they are in the scanner????

Status
Not open for further replies.