Uniden comparison chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csx4780

After spending the better part of the afternoon trying to figure out what kind of replacement I want to replace my trusty 245XLT that died this morning, I am confused. I have a good idea of what features I want and I think my decision would be easier if I had something like a model comparison chart with features and what not? I looked on Uniden's site but found nothing like this. Anyone?

Travis

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
After spending the better part of the afternoon trying to figure out what kind of replacement I want to replace my trusty 245XLT that died this morning, I am confused. I have a good idea of what features I want and I think my decision would be easier if I had something like a model comparison chart with features and what not? I looked on Uniden's site but found nothing like this. Anyone?

Travis
Travis,
This site has comparison charts. There are two separate chart links on the page, one for analog scanners, and another for digital. Both Uniden & GRE/Radio Shack models are listed. Once you get a rough idea of which one(s) may be of the most interest, then check out the Radio Models page in the Wiki for more details on the individual units.

The most current Uniden analog handheld trunk-tracking scanner is the BC346XT. It's predecessor was the BC246T. While the 346 is the current model, and has more features, the 246 can still be found occasionally online, and in the classifieds here. The BR330T is another, now discontinued, analog trunk-tracker from Uniden. For base/mobile analog units, the current model is the BCT15X , which replaced the BCT15.

I'm guessing you're not looking for a digital unit. Just for reference, though, the current digital models from Uniden are the BCD396XT handheld and BCD996XT base/mobile. These replaced the BCD396T & BCD996T respectively.

The comparison chart linked above will show similar models from GRE (and units sold at Radio Shack, which may be manufactured by either GRE or Uniden).

jimg

Premium Subscriber

Travis

You might go to Grove Enterprises web site; I think it is Home As I remember, there is a comparison chart in their printed catalog, which can be downloaded from their web site. I ordered a BCD-396XT from them a couple of months ago, and it is probably the best hand held scanner I have ever owned! I think they also offer an analog model, the BC346XT, if you don't need a digital scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.