Uniden Customer Service NASTY as F*@K on the phone - MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
I have a SDS-100 with a bright bottom display issue. The bottom line of my display is 2X as bright as the rest of the display. I did not have this issue with my 2 previous SDS-100's or my current SDS-200.

I sent my SDS-100 back to Uniden for this issue. They sent it back to me with a a packing slip that said "Replace LCD Display", I got a new display with the plastic on it, but the issue is still there. Case#2208

I sent it back to Uniden because the issue is still there. Case #2311

I just called them for an update, spoke with a MARK, and was told the unit was repaired and shipped back.

I asked him if he could tell me what was done to it, he said they replaced the LCD. I told him this was the second time it has been in for repair, and the first time they did the same (replaced the LCD) and that did not correct the problem. He raises his voice to me and said "They are professionals and fixed the problem".

I asked to speak with a supervisor, and was told he can't transfer calls, he took my number and said he was going to give my number to a supervisor.

It costs me $25 to ship it to Texas with insurance each time.

I will update if I do get a call back, and IF the problem is fixed when I get it back.

@JoeBearcat you listening?

Attachments

• 08312021183447.jpeg
    08312021183447.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 08312021182554.jpeg
    08312021182554.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 214

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Received scanner back today, It is fixed !!

Work order says the same exact thing as the first one, "Replaced LCD"

So I'm guessing its the luck of the draw, if you get a working or faulty LCD.

I got lucky the second try.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I was curious if the bright bottom had anything to do with the keypad backlight being on, but if the problem was resolved I guess that wasn't the case.

Good thing second time was the charm. It would suck to have to send it back for the third.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS-100 with a bright bottom display issue. The bottom line of my display is 2X as bright as the rest of the display. I did not have this issue with my 2 previous SDS-100's or my current SDS-200.

My guess their repair department is over worked, under paid and abused a lot. Has to be a stressful job for sure.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
My guess their repair department is over worked, under paid and abused a lot. Has to be a stressful job for sure.
I'm sure he gets these calls all the time. Unidens fault for continuing problems of their product but as usual they are "insulated" by front line workers who get all the crap. Been there done that for a similar company as being the front line phone call guy

Ubbe

It was a backlight problem, the LED's that light up the LCD display, that doesn't have any light by themselves. It's probably a separate component behind the LCD but either the LCD was replaced in error the first time and never checked if it fixed the problem or they never actually fixed it and was mixed up with some other scanner, that seem to be the most probable cause as anyone who do repairs have to do a functional check that he actually managed to successfully repair the device.

/Ubbe

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thank him for what? He didn’t fix it, nor did I get a call back.

He also didn't do the first repair either, but you felt the need to call him out on here anyway. I don't know him, never spoke to him, but based on your tone here, he probabaly had enough and snapped at you.

But...more important, did you ever get the plastic off the display? Maybe they have a tutorial video on how to remove it. Laugh it off, enjoy your scanner and don't forget to thank Mark :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.