uniden customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

ok what is wrong with the people that answer the phone at uniden ? does uniden not train them or what ? i called there today to ask some help about i calls for the 396 xt, and the guy that answered the phone said hes not familiar with this, he puts me on hold for 10 mins, and then he gets back on the phone and tells me hes trying to find someone to help him, all i wanted to know is how i could listen to i calls in my 396 xt, ive never tried it before and wanted to set it up, all i wanted to know is how to get it going ? this isnt the first time ive had trouble calling them either, they either dont know what there talking about, or they rush you off the phone, uniden really needs to hire someone there that knows what there doing! so he tells me hes going to call me back when he finds out, and its been 5 hours now and they are now closed!

sjlamb

ok what is wrong with the people that answer the phone at uniden ? does uniden not train them or what ? i called there today to ask some help about i calls for the 396 xt, and the guy that answered the phone said hes not familiar with this, he puts me on hold for 10 mins, and then he gets back on the phone and tells me hes trying to find someone to help him, all i wanted to know is how i could listen to i calls in my 396 xt, ive never tried it before and wanted to set it up, all i wanted to know is how to get it going ? this isnt the first time ive had trouble calling them either, they either dont know what there talking about, or they rush you off the phone, uniden really needs to hire someone there that knows what there doing! so he tells me hes going to call me back when he finds out, and its been 5 hours now and they are now closed!

Why even bother calling Uniden when you have such a vast wealth of knowledge on this site? A quick forum search for something like "396XT I-Calls" would have instantly given you what you were looking for: http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/I-Call

Last edited:

Danny6569

uniden

i tried doing that i just didnt understand something in here when i did look it up, but someone else in here helped me get through the one thing i didnt understand, i just think that uniden customer service should know there jobs a little better, thats what they are supposed to be there for to explain things to people.

sjlamb

Just my own opinion but, I think your expectations for such detailed tech support by calling a generic customer service line for a global corporation that produces hundreds of different types of consumer electronics products is a bit high.

This forum or your dealer are much better sources for technical support.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The folks in customer service do a great job, but they are not radio system or scanner experts for all aspects of every product. We always recommend you ask such questions in open forums such as this one for a couple of reasons:

1) You'll typically get an answer without waiting on hold, many times from Uniden (myself).
2) If it is esoteric or beyond what the customer service person might know, you stand a much better chance of getting an answer from an expert in forums such as these where the experts hang out.
3) The answer you get in an open forum becomes an answer the next person will be able to find and learn from.

sjlamb

The folks in customer service do a great job, but they are not radio system or scanner experts for all aspects of every product. We always recommend you ask such questions in open forums such as this one for a couple of reasons:

1) You'll typically get an answer without waiting on hold, many times from Uniden (myself).
2) If it is esoteric or beyond what the customer service person might know, you stand a much better chance of getting an answer from an expert in forums such as these where the experts hang out.
3) The answer you get in an open forum becomes an answer the next person will be able to find and learn from.

(1) True

(2) Truer

(3) Most True

Status
Not open for further replies.