Uniden Digital Scanner 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffy24

I'm a new subscriber to this site. I live in Ontario Canada, and am trying to find frequencies for my district. What and where should I be looking at to download into my scanner?

klff

For fire, look in the link from mciupa.

The department conducts it's operations with dispatch in lindsay through the 4 frequenicies labelled "xyz repeater" (Pontypool, Lindsay Kirkfield and Kinmount respectively).

Fire pagers operate on the frequency labelled "Paging." The other fire frequencies are talkaround frequencies for on scene chatter - you will need to be close to the scene to hear anything on this as they are not run through a repeater. Don't recall which one Omemee uses.

As well, MikeOxlong's thread "http://forums.radioreference.com/eastern-canada-radio-discussion-forum/17856-programming-your-uniden-scanner-bell-mobility-radios-fleetnet-system.html" details programming the Fleetnet system into your scanner, which will cover pretty much all Ontario gov't agencies (OPP, EMS, MNR, etc.).

fluffy24

Programming my scanner Uniden Scanner 396XT

Hi fluffy24 welcome to RadioReference :)

Have a look through the Kawartha Lakes entries in the database: Kawartha Lakes County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The trunking system you will want is Fleetnet Zone 2 , there is a link also on the Kawartha Lakes page. :cool:

Thanks for your input. I need to know what software and anything else I need to download the Kawartha Lakes frequencies into my scanner. (Is it the software disc that this website sells for $20.00)? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.