Uniden Discovery Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpincins

I am using the Uniden 436HP. I am trying to get into using discovery more often, but I'm running into some issues.
When setting the settings for Trunking Discovery I find my system and site without an issue. Name the session and goto settings. While in settings I ensure that logging is set to New Only, and that Compare to Database is set to on. No matter how I attempt to tweak it, it seems as if the discovery is constantly getting hung up on stored talk groups when scanning even though the settings are set differently.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
i would bet the stored talk groups are whats in the database since you have compare to database turned on.

Ubbe

If you have "Only New" set to On it should skip already known information that already are in the database, and also in any favorite lists.
If you have "Compare to database" set to On it only means that the name tags from the database are used?

Maybe you have to program your discovery findings into a favorite list as it might be that the function do not check prior discoveries, only database and favorites.

/Ubbe

dpincins

Going to try clearing the scanner out, updating Sentinel Database and loading that back into the scanner, and also tinker with the settings some more to see what happens.

dpincins

Updated the database in the scanner and have the DB used set to full database. Scanner is still stopping on known talkgroups with their channel name showing up on the screen. There is also no audio when in this mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.