Uniden Dynamic Memory setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARS

Feed Provider
Just bought a new BCD996T - lots of changes since my days of a Pro2006. I'm looking for suggestions on how to program this 996 so that I can push a few buttons to get what I need based on a situation. For example.....fire, car crash, boating incident on the bay, power outage, hazardous spill etc.
Ideally I would like to push a few buttons and bring in the appropriate agencies that woud be ivolved in the incident.

Trying to get some ideas how others have organized their memory usage. Has anyone seen a good thread or article that talks about this!

Thanks very much

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is an article included with the scanner that addresses this to a degree. However, your listening habits will ultimately determine how you should program the scanner.

doctordave

The simplest approach is probably to assign system quick-keys (SQKs)(easily done as you program via Uniden software). In your case, you might establish Kent Fire freqs as one system & assign QK#1, Kent PD/MSP "S" as another system w/ QK #2, USCG & NRP on another and so on... While scanning, you just punch the quick key #s to enable/disable them one by one.....much like the approach of turning banks off/on with older scanners.

The other option is to segregate components by groups, within systems....for example, you might set up the Kent system and within it have differing groups (Fire, Police, Marine, etc). While scanning through the specific system, you may select/deselect the given groups of freqs. I think you'll find the former option a bit more efficient for what you're looking for.

Nice thing about the 996 is that you have superb flexibility in terms of how you make use of the memory. Doing OK w/ navigating the included software thus far? Since you are based in Kent, perhaps you might help us w/ expanding the known list of PD freqs (see the RR database).

KARS

Feed Provider
Thanks for everyones suggestions....Upman I read your article and it was very helpful toward understanding ad getting me started......doctordave, I'm headed in the direction you describe in para 2. I'm doing fine navigating the uniden software...still lots to learn but making progress. Best of all I actually hear things....the weekend boater's on Chesapeake Bay, we could make a movie about it.

Doctordave, reagrding PD freqs for Kent.....can you give me some specifics of what it is u'd like to know.....no guarantees but I may have someone to go to for info....

Thanks to all....Steve (evets-md)

Status
Not open for further replies.