Uniden External Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have been in the market for one or two external loudspeakers for a Uniden Bercat BCD996XT and possible another radio and I was looking at the Uniden ESP 20. I see that Wal-Mart carries them online. I am just wondering if anybody here has any of the Uniden speakers and how well they sound with scanners.

Search results for uniden speaker - Walmart

They seem to have good reviews at Eham

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4402

Last edited:

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I use the Uniden ESP 12 (12 watts) speaker with my BCT15, and it works very well. I would imagine you would have good results with the ESP 20 version.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I use the Uniden ESP 12 (12 watts) speaker with my BCT15, and it works very well. I would imagine you would have good results with the ESP 20 version.

+1 for the Uniden ESP-12 speakers. I bought a couple off Ebay, brand new and they look, and work great. They have 10 feet of 18ga speaker wire with the standard scanner speaker plug. They're made very well, and inexpensive!

Attachments

• ESP12.jpg
    ESP12.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,311

jobes

Feed Provider
ESP-12's (a few) here too. Sound good and well constructed. I just wish they had some powered thump to them.

sjlamb

ESP20 Gets my vote. I use one on my desk with my 996XT with excellent audio results. Tough to beat for $12.... :)

Attachments

• ESP20.jpg
    ESP20.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,246

JASII

Memory Capacity
Uniden ESP20 20 Watt External Speaker

I received a Uniden ESP20 20 watt external speaker yesterday for a Christmas present. I plugged it in to my Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT scanner it is does sound very nice. I have the scanner mounted near a computer that I use pretty often and having the speaker facing my is pretty nice.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
ESP20 Gets my vote. I use one on my desk with my 996XT with excellent audio results. Tough to beat for $12.... :)

Steve,

Don't mean to hijack this thread but what kind of stand is that you are using with your weather radio? I have one just like it but have to stand up to read the display.

Mike

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I agree, just note if your going to be using them in a very loud environment (construction site, tow truck at accident scene etc) then a "powered" speaker is probably what you want

But both are great speakers for just the home desk or a not too noisy environment.

ESP-12's (a few) here too. Sound good and well constructed. I just wish they had some powered thump to them.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I have two of the 20 watt versions and both are connected to my bc898t's. They have a great bassy tone to them and I love them both. Also I've tried them with other units and they still sound great.

Chad

jobes

Feed Provider
The 20 watt statement is very misleading. Don't get me wrong I do like the speaker very much it's just the 20 watt is the load the speaker can handle.

I would love to add an in-line amp some how. I've used the powered moto and it's just a pain with the transformer and stuff.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I use the small 5 watt ones in my radio room. They are more than adequate and are a good size when you need to install 20 in a console.
In my first console, I used only the front of the unit. They were very noisy as the sound echoed into the area behind the radios.
In my new console, I have mounted the front of the speakers on the face of the console and attached the back behind the console face by replacing the screws with longer ones. The sound is much better now.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.