uniden factory repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesgszymanski

Feed Provider
just got off the phone with uniden factory repair center, they say one of their techs tested positive for the corona virus so repairs will be delayed, don't know how true it is but just an F Y I

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Their repair site is in northern Tarrant County. In this area, several counties are seeing increases in covid-19 cases, instead of leveling off or decreasing.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
just got off the phone with uniden factory repair center, they say one of their techs tested positive for the corona virus so repairs will be delayed, don't know how true it is but just an F Y I

That's so people won't be in a hurry to get their radios back. :sneaky:

586ED

Premium Subscriber

I called also and received the same story and that it was unknown when the radio would be repaired. I checked the repair status on my 436 today and it says its being returned to me. No documentation of repair or anything else. Now my worry is that it is being returned not repaired and no refund. I will say Uniden was very quick to cash my payment for repair and shipping

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Stuff happens. Whether it's true or not, there's nothing you can do about it.

N2NHL

When you send the radio, do you have to include the original box and accessories r do you just send the scanner with installed SD card, AC adaptor? It's not clear on the repair form and I only want to send the the components necessary to reproduce the problem. I don't want to send everything, then not get everything that I sent back. Thanks!

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
I sent my HomePatrol 2 scanner in for repair on 04/28/2020 estimated shipping date back to me is 05/26/2020 which is today. I checked the status of the scanner online and it still says "The unit has been received."

586ED

Premium Subscriber
I spoke with Customer Service on the telephone. The Covid-19 problem has affected their work. They were shut down briefly, and as a result they are behind. It will probably be longer than expected. But pursuant to my conversation, they are doing the best that they can and appreciate everyone’s patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.