Uniden Fire Tone Out Standby Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I had left my Uniden BCD396XT in the Fire Tone Out Search mode for quite a while recently and ran it under Butel ARC-XT Pro to log the found Quik Call II codes. Now, I have entered 10 of those into the Fire Tone Out Standby mode with the recording feature on to help determine who uses what codes. Surprisingly, after letting it sit several days I have nothing logged. The pairs selected seem to be from the busiest stations on this side of the county, so it is unlikely that there were no calls at all on any of those 10 pairs during that period of time. Anyway, does it matter if I select FM, or NFM for this function? The wiki indicated to not select Auto, but it doesn't specifically say if I should use FM or NFM. Is this just a trial and error thing?

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Fire_Tone_Out

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
I had left my Uniden BCD396XT in the Fire Tone Out Search mode for quite a while recently and ran it under Butel ARC-XT Pro to log the found Quik Call II codes. Now, I have entered 10 of those into the Fire Tone Out Standby mode with the recording feature on to help determine who uses what codes. Surprisingly, after letting it sit several days I have nothing logged. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Fire_Tone_Out
Since you read the wiki, I assume to are not trying to scan AND monitor tones. The detected tones can vary quite bit. I usually take 10 instances for the same agency, and average the A and B tones, throwing out the ones that are way off 1st. This is not as easy when you are just logging since you are never sure what agencies go with the logged tones. If you knew what system was being used, you could get the exact tones from the linked chart in the wiki. Also, If more than one agency is toned out, it will only log the 1st pair.

Last edited:

JASII

Memory Capacity
It looks like FM is the key for me. The NFM setting did not work.

jasday

Does any one know where I can find a list of the tone Hz? The list I was using to cross reference was on wpascanner.com and the web page is no longer up.

jasday

If the tones I have been getting have been such as 700.6, 700.7, 700.5 it would be safe to say the correct tone would be 701.0 plectron right? I can't find anything close to it under the Moto Reed Tones. I was confused at first. The info that I got for Hurst fire was from bensware.com and it was all matching the Moto reed tones, but for the others that I have been tracking, they were under the plectron section.

nd5y

I lived in Hurst up until 2005. At that time they were using
Code:
Sta	DTMF	tone A	tone B
1	1101	600.9	569.1
2	1102	569.1	634.5
27	1127	330.5	457.9
I imagine they have all new station alerting equipment to go with the new stations and radio system but I haven't been through there enough recently to hear the FD.
They probably aren't using Plectron tones sicne that is really old.

jasday

Hurst is still using the old tone system, the tones go out over the old 855.9875 and then the voice goes over the p25. I havnt had it turned on for them to confirm, still doing all my searching and the Hurst tones do match the Moto reeds. The plectron stuff I'm finding is just a wag that it is plectron, nothing that I have logged for Lake Worth or Eagle Mtn match up with the Moto stuff and then I saw the plectron listing which do match or are just off of what the 996xt is logging.

Status
Not open for further replies.