• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Uniden Handheld on RS website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
LOL. I saw that a few weeks ago and I figured they would catch on. Ah well. That thing must have a heck of a clip! Better not try to run with it on!

jrplmil

special made for someone with big hands and it is a pro????? I just dont know what

nexus

that's sad that they have to sale another brand's radio. Its like they're saying, our stuff is CRAP so we're gonna sell the other brand. All we care about is YOUR MONEY!

flyingwolf

From the websites comments section.

IT way overpriced.......
By: Crista S., Planet Earth | 06/09/06

Overall rating: *** (out of 5)

IT way overpriced.... and it onloy Analog... Buyer Beware ...
Sounds like this buyer certainly wasnt aware, who would drop 300 bones on something without knowing the damn thing wasnt digital.

pathalogical

I'm confused...it says...

"Priority channel operation blocks unwanted frequencies"

So I guess it doesn't have a L/O button...not even listed in the "What's in the box" list !!!

dangitdoug

Not to mention that scanner sold for 300 bones in 1995!! Can you say "Overpriced"?

CLTX11

flyingwolf said:
From the websites comments section.

Sounds like this buyer certainly wasnt aware, who would drop 300 bones on something without knowing the damn thing wasnt digital.

Interesting, the typing looks like a Crista that is on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.