Uniden Handheld SMA Antenna Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I noticed a slight gap between the case and the base of most SMA antennas I use on my recent Uniden Handheld Scanners.

The solution is to go to the hardware store and get a 64323C Neoprene Washer. This washer is 1/4 inch ID by 1/2 inch OD by 1/16 inch thick. It fits perfectly around the sma connector and in the case cutout. The SMA antenna screws down snug against the washer. Here is a picture with it installed and a loose one on the table.

73 Eric

Attachments

• UnidenWasher.jpg
    UnidenWasher.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 459

minskie

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I lost mine and have been looking for a replacement washer. Now I know exactly what size I need.

Appreciated.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have used one of those on my Yaesu FT-60R for years. I have always used the BNC adapter on my Unidens because I change antennas frequently and it also helps to stabilize the SMA connector to the case. I have heard many stories of the SMA connector breaking SMA antennas.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Is the designation "64323C" a standard industry size, or is it associated with a particular manufacturer or brand? Otherwise you might walk into your local hardware store, ask for a "64323C Neoprene Washer" and they may not know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.