Uniden Holdings Inc

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

No confidence vote

Good Morning, this has all of the makings of a no confidence vote up or down....
"The Chair recognizes the gentleman from North Carolina. What is the purpose of the gentleman from North Carolina"? "Mr. Speaker I rise today to say, regarding the vote of No Confidence, I abstain". Enjoy the day everyone, we all could use a little lightening of the load.....

"The Chair recognizes the gentleman from North Carolina as a Big Chicken"!

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

The performance of a company's stock has very little to do with consumer satisfaction with their products. Stock prices rise as a company is perceived as having a profitable future.

wbswetnam

Dave, with regard to your signature... I've kinda wondered why the word "funeral" begins with "fun"...? LOL

I get what you say about the disconnect between customer satisfaction and the enthusiasm of investors, but eventually customer dissatisfaction can destroy a company. Look at Radio Shack...

AlphaFive

Uniden Inc.

I can only conclude from my own personal experience that the product is outstanding. I have not experienced any of the radio faults others have posted about. I am very happy with the 536. I would have to say though, I get the feeling that as far as Company priorities seem to be expressed, once the unit is bought, further customer satisfaction gets moved down the priority list as being important. Example being statements regarding intent of future NXDN options. So because of this quandary, I can't say I'm dissatisfied, but a also can't say I think they are giving everything they can either... Thank you for putting this post up. Take care

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I don't think it's "many of us". Even some of us would be a stretch. It's the same group of users who constantly and loudly are harping, complaining, and looking for ways to bash. Happens on the Whistler side, too.

Are Unidens perfect? of course not. But I happen to believe no one at Uniden ever said "Hey let's deliberately make a bad product just to screw over some RR posters".

garys

Premium Subscriber
You wouldn't know that from the crybabying that a small group here does. Besides, wasn't it just a few months ago that someone started a thread about the impending demise of Uniden? That was based in part on the performance of their stock price.

Are Unidens perfect? of course not. But I happen to believe no one at Uniden ever said "Hey let's deliberately make a bad product just to screw over some RR posters".

Blackink

You wouldn't know that from the crybabying that a small group here does. Besides, wasn't it just a few months ago that someone started a thread about the impending demise of Uniden? That was based in part on the performance of their stock price.

As most things go in the stock market dating back many, many years.....when everyone thinks a company is dead or dying and the price of the stock is not far behind, that's the time to buy the stock.

nbdyspclk

Dave, with regard to your signature... I've kinda wondered why the word "funeral" begins with "fun"...? LOL

I get what you say about the disconnect between customer satisfaction and the enthusiasm of investors, but eventually customer dissatisfaction can destroy a company. Look at Radio Shack...
RS problems are/were,inside politics,not consumer base

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
RS problem was that the stores stopped carrying anything that people couldn't get somewhere else, and for less money. The turning point was when they decided to sell cell phones and stopped carrying any electronic parts. Their scanners were good, but they were all just made by other companies and aside from a couple of features, could be be bought under the Uniden, GRE, or way in the past Regency names.

RS problems are/were,inside politics,not consumer base

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Honeywell does own BendixKing. But that's not the same as BK Technologies. BendixKing LMR became BK Radio which became BK Technologies.I'm sure at some point BendixKing split into two companies - radios and avionics.

Boatanchor

The stock price is one thing.

Financial figures reported to the Japanese regulators are another..

Uniden Corp has been bleeding money for years. The only reason the stock is up is because Uniden finally managed to scrape enough money together to pay a dividend this year. That and the fact that last year they significantly reduced the number of publicly available shares.

The company is not drowning in debt - yet, but their revenue and profit levels is woeful.

And while some will harp on about how Uniden also make and sell everything from CB radios to crash cams, none of these groups are really making any money.

Don't believe me? The company's annual and quaterly financial reports are available online.'
Helps if you can read Japanese though :)

N9JIG

Sheriff
Doesn't Uniden own the company Relm that makes the expensive P25 radios?

If I remember correctly Uniden bought the Regency scanner line years ago, the remainder of the Regency company was rebranded as Relm. Uniden sold some of their existing scanners with the Regency name on them, most notably the BC100 and 200XLT rebranded for Regency before retiring the Regency name.

Relm carried on after selling the scanner line to Uniden and retained their two-way business. Later (perhaps after a non-compete clause expired would be my guess) Relm came out with a couple pretty decent Relm branded scanners. I think these were made by Yupitero, they have the same look and feel. I don't know what transpired corporately after that.

I think Relm stood for "Regency Electronics Land Mobile".

Remember too that both Regency and the original Electra (the company that made Bearcat scanners) companies came from the Indianapolis area. I think that there was some shared history between them, one company was started by employees of the other or something. This was long before Uniden bought Electra.

Status
Not open for further replies.