Uniden Home Patrol 1, Can't seem to program it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

I have a Uniden Home Patrol 1 that I have been fighting with now for some time. I think I have the unit programmed for the individual talk groups I want to listen to. Also think I have the control channels to the Motorola trunking system. Where I am failing is to input the system ID.

The system is the Motorola P25 state wide trunking system here in Louisiana. The WACN is BEE00 and the System ID is 1BD.

But I don't hear anything. The system is a simulcast, but I am off to one corner of the system and the local tower is about a mile from my house. So I don't think the simulcast is a problem.

I think these are the files you may need to look at what I have programmed into the scanner.

Thanks,

Attachments

• favorites_lists.zip
    247 bytes · Views: 17
  • favorites_000003.zip
    746 bytes · Views: 8

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden Home Patrol 1 that I have been fighting with now for some time. I think I have the unit programmed for the individual talk groups I want to listen to. Also think I have the control channels to the Motorola trunking system. Where I am failing is to input the system ID.

The system is the Motorola P25 state wide trunking system here in Louisiana. The WACN is BEE00 and the System ID is 1BD.

But I don't hear anything. The system is a simulcast, but I am off to one corner of the system and the local tower is about a mile from my house. So I don't think the simulcast is a problem.

I think these are the files you may need to look at what I have programmed into the scanner.

Thanks,
Try exporting your list into an *.hpe file, instead of copying the actual Favorites file (*.hpd). If I copy that into the folder that has my Favorites lists, then that can corrupt the sorting on my existing files. But if you export into an *.hpe file (you would have to zip it, as you did the *.hpd file), then it can easily be imported & examined.

Looking at your file with Notepad++, I see the talkgroups you've included, but I see no indication that any of the site frequencies are present.

Based on what I'm seeing via Notepad in your *.hpd file, I created a list based on what it appears you are trying to hear. Unzip the attached file, then import it into Sentinel. Then take a look at it and see how close I got (probably have more there than what you want, but I basically just included whatever appears to be associated with your parish, St. Tammany. Save the file to a folder you can easily find.

The Import is accessed via the drop-down File menu:
1602462549592.png

If you are within a mile of the closest tower for the simulcast site, that may help, or maybe not. It really depends on how strong a signal is reaching you from one or more of the other towers. If you were really close, a quarter mile or less, then probably it would override everything else. But moving out to a mile may hurt you. Try the attached file and see if you start hearing what you want.

Attachments

• Jim302.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1602462379516.png
    1602462379516.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 3

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Copy the entire system from the main database in Sentinel by right clicking and selecting "append to favorite list" from the popup menu. Turn on location control in your favorite list settings, and make sure your location.

Ptogramming a trunked system properly is complicated, and it's rare for a newbie to get it to work correctly the first time. The most common error is not programming or deleting the needed sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.