uniden home patrol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopec

I live in corning, ny Steuben county 14830 and just bought home patrol 1 digital scanner and it wont pick up 911 or steuben county sherriff department can antone help, a christmas present for my father.

Junie55

Have you updated the database? If so you should be able to get it. The Steuben 911 / sheriffs Department is P25 Conventional. The frequency is 155.3100 NAC 1BD

Stupidfatkid

If you're confident the programming is correct, you might try lowering the squelch. I had an issue recently with my HP1 where I couldn't hear anything on a local P25 trunking system. It was completely silent. I lowered the squelch and the trunking system lit right up.

Attachments

• HP1_Squelch.jpg
    HP1_Squelch.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 413

hopec

home patrol 1

Have you updated the database? If so you should be able to get it. The Steuben 911 / sheriffs Department is P25 Conventional. The frequency is 155.3100 NAC 1BD

Thank you for your reply. Yes we updated the Database and we are we told that the frequency may not have been updated? So where do you go to get the correct frequencys for the differnt favorits you want for instance we wan Steuben county Sheriff dept,State police , Fire, are all these frequency all up to date on this Radio reference .com or what we were told is it may not be up to date and we have to get the correct updated frequencys of all these favorits we want.

Junie55

There is a little learning curve with this scanner but once you figure out how to do regular updates you're going to love it. Lets try a couple of things first.
1) Press Menu, Set your location, Enter Zip Code, Select USA, Enter 14830 the press Accept.
2) Press Range, Press + or - to get the recommended distance. I use 10 miles on the factory antenna and 20 miles on my external antenna.
3) Press Menu, Select Service types, Press the down arrow and verify that Law Dispatch is selected (highlighted) and then press select.
4) Next we need to verify that the database has been updated, Press Menu, Advanced Menu, Press the down arrow and select version information. Your firmware version should be 2.04 and your database date should be within a week of when you updated. If they are not you will have to finish updating.

Let me know.
Clay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.