Uniden Home Patrol HP-1 Database Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Just so I am clear on this, when I download the HPDB update to my computer and then write it to the HP-1, does it have ANY affect whatsoever of anything stored as a Favorite?

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Read from your scanner first. Update the firmware (if available) then update the DB. After doing that and making your changes for your FL's etc... select the save button. Then select write to scanner and make sure the check box for Force write Full database is checked. The last step will then bring the Database up to date on the scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Then select write to scanner and make sure the check box for Force write Full database is checked. The last step will then bring the Database up to date on the scanner.

The "Force write full database" checkbox only needs to be checked if you are re-writing the database in the scanner with one from Sentinel that has the same date version as the one that was in the scanner... such as in an instance when the database in the scanner has become corrupted for some reason, and the current version in Sentinel is of the same date.

It doesn't hurt to check it every time, but in the normal course of updating the scanner with a newer version of the database from Sentinel, the database in the scanner will always be fully overwritten by default.

Dafe1er

Did not know that. I thought when updating the DB you needed to have the boxed check to write it to the scanner. Did they fix that on one of the firmwares during the HP-1 days? I have always done this from the first go with the HP.

Thanks.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Did not know that. I thought when updating the DB you needed to have the boxed check to write it to the scanner. Did they fix that on one of the firmwares during the HP-1 days? I have always done this from the first go with the HP.

Thanks.

As far back as I have experience (first release of HP-1), it has been that way.

I believe UPMan commented to that effect, quite a while ago, maybe over on the HP forum.

RF23

Premium Subscriber

Thanks.

Maybe you were thinking of updating your FLs? I have found that sometimes old data in a FL will not be removed only new and data with the same name is rewritten in writing a new FL to the scanner. So, I now always check the box to erase the FL before writing a new version of my FLs. At least that is what appears to be happening on occasion.

Dafe1er

Maybe you were thinking of updating your FLs? I have found that sometimes old data in a FL will not be removed only new and data with the same name is rewritten in writing a new FL to the scanner. So, I now always check the box to erase the FL before writing a new version of my FLs. At least that is what appears to be happening on occasion.

I only do this when I update my FL.

I do the other I mentioned every week or when I download the updated DB from RR. For some reason I thought it was mentioned when the HP-1 first came out. I have been looking back in post but have yet to find what I thought I had seen.

No biggie, I love learning something new everyday! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.