Uniden Home Patrol HP-1 In Greater Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am just interested in hearing from anybody who has used or is using the Uniden Home Patrol HP-1 in greater Minnesota. Is there at least something for even the most rural parts of the state. For example, if you are in Lake or Cook County, are the correct frequencies programmed? Also, what about PL/DPLs? Are there many of those for outstate Minnesota programmed in?

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
I just left St. Paul and my HP1 worked just fine. If you will examine the database for Minnesota here at RR, that is what you get. If you see it here, you can hear it!!!

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you very much for the reply. Just to clarify a little bit more, can you set it to pretty much scan everything in whatever county you are in? For example, say you are driving northbound on I-35 and as you cross past Rush City and into Pine County, if you have the GPS attached, can you set it to scan everything in Pine County?

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
You don't set it to scan a particular area...you set it to scan particular services...ie Police, Fire, Sheriff, whatever interests you. Then you set the range in .10 of mile from where you are, based on the GPS! That's the beauty of the thing...imagine a 10 mile circle travelling down the interstate, listening to whatever service you choose within that circle...get 10 miles from a small town, and it goes away and the next town kicks in. If you have the newer paid for EXTREME firmware it gets even more precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.