Uniden Home Patrol II antenna problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickmill

I thought it was the antenna but all other scanners work just fine.. My Home Patrol II does not pick up any traffic at all.. nothing.. then I noticed the signal strength bar does not light up .. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix .. If an easy fix I can do it and not have to send off for fixing.. thanks

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
no signal bars means its not receiving a signal. move the scanner to a different location and see what happens.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Check to make sure the "Atten" icon on the top row of the screen didn't get turned on accidentally.. if it is lit up red it will greatly reduce your range... i've had a fly light on my touch screen one time in the truck and it went crazy each time it landed on it lol.

pickmill

For the first 2 years or so it was working fine and I keep it updated using Home Patrol Sentinel software/firmware directly from Radio Reference or Uniden websites.. As far as moving the scanner/relocating I have used several antennas , including the D130NJ Diamond Super Discone Antenna that is right at 25 feet high outside my home, also connected the scanner almost 30 miles away at my work (EMS) where I connected scanner to the antenna we use with all our communications (so you know this antenna is very good).. My brother is a State Trooper and lives less than 200 yards from me and my scanner does not pick him up whenever he keys up his radio.. Every now and again I pick up local police and fire dept. that are on FM and FMN ( Frequencies 150 - 158 ), but not often at all.. While every one of my other scanners are picking up all kinds of traffic.. It seems this scanner is not picking up any traffic on the LWIN (Louisiana Wireless Information Network) which is the P25 Phase I system.. Other than showing no signal on the signal bar and hearing no traffic at all the scanner functions as it always has.. I am puzzled !

CanesFan95

How much stress was put on the antenna connection on the scanner? Maybe open up the rig, see if anything's broken or a broken solder joint.

KQA726

ON the trunked system, try moving the squelch all the way down to the left and see if you can move the radio around to a sweet spot where it works better?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I thought it was the antenna but all other scanners work just fine.. My Home Patrol II does not pick up any traffic at all.. nothing.. then I noticed the signal strength bar does not light up .. Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix .. If an easy fix I can do it and not have to send off for fixing.. thanks
Can you receive your local NOAA weather frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.