Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hello I am new to Scanning I Have a Uniden Home Patrol 1 The database is updated and Has what the Radio Reference Database has on it. But im confused as to how come I Don't have services such as:

Siksika Nation Police:

166.51500 VDL456 RM CSQ FM Law Dispatch

Siksika Nation Fire/EMS:

154.17500 VDL451 RM 162.2 PL FM Multi-Dispatch

Can Anybody help me out to why I cant receive these departments on Siksika? I do have the Siksika Channel but only Gleichen FD channel?

Any help would be Great if anybody knows why this is

mciupa

First thing I can think of is that in the Menu under Service type, that you may not have Law Dispatch or Multi Dispatch selected in orange with white letters and those types are black background with the letters grayed out.

ahp309

The Siksika Police Service was disbanded a number of years ago. The fire department runs for a while and then shuts down. Gleichen Fire looks after the area.

A

Ambulance2014

I do have All the service types on i just don't ever get anything from Siksika Nation from the Ambulance or Fire Department. Wondering if anybody has ever gotten anything on the Tsuu Tina Nation Fire Dispatch Frequency?? I haven't here anything on there frequency either.....

A

Ambulance2014

Also is Wheatland Fire Or EMS Monitor-able ? I have here that Weatland EMS can be monitored and I have also herd that you can't. Same with Okotoks Fire Department?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Re: Siksika, not sure where in Calgary you are living, but unless you have a good outside antenna and/or are on one of the highest elevations in Calgary, that is a great distance to hope to hear. As for your other questions, look in the Databases under those areas to see if they are FM or TRBO, or NXDN. And you can also read more in the thread a little below yours: MotoTRBO and similar systems in Alberta. The Databases will answer your questions on areas in and around Calgary.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Wheatland County FD and Public Works and Airdrie FD and Public Works are both on MotoTRBO systems which are currently not monitorable. Okotoks FD and Heritage Pointe FD are on NXDN and are currently unmonitorable.

I received something on the Siksika PD frequency over the past year on one of my road trips. It could be that it's being used by some other entity on the reserve, i.e. public works, FD, or something else.

A

Ambulance2014

Jay Have you gotten anything on your scanner on the Siksika Fire or EMS frequencies? And do you think I would be able to reach Nakoda Ambulance Service on there frequency? I live in the N.E of Calgary in Marlborough.

A

Ambulance2014

And to ask you One other question unrelated to this is the Alberta First Responder Radio network up and running? Can the Home patrol pick up anything from them yet as I haven't herd anything from them but see a bunch of frequencies posted in the Calgary area on the system?

Jay911

Feed Provider
If I've heard anything from Siksika, it was a long time ago. Ambulance-wise I would think they'd be on iDEN now if they've been absorbed into AHS dispatch, but Fire you could still conceivably pick up.

Nakoda from NE Calgary would be a stretch. I know I can hear them from the Cochrane area.

And AFRRCS is not yet active for end-users but there are some towers which are operational in the testing phase. Calgary Airport, Cochrane, Chestermere, and a few others nearby are lit up; I'm keeping my ears peeled for other local ones every day.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Siksika on 154.175 with there long tones and activity. But I must say I have not heard them for the past couple of months. But really have not been listening either so could be missing it. I have not heard Nakoda from Calgary, have heard them occasionally on Cochrane RCMP. Ghost Fire I have heard from Calgary on VHF and also on Calgary Digital so listen to the Calgary Digital frequencies.

A

Ambulance2014

Great Thank you for the Help everyone. I just wanted to Check with Jay or anyone that might be in Calgary but has anybody herd Tsuu Tina Fire Department on there analog frequency? I haven't once herd them on there channel but I am thinking maybe they use the Rural Fire channel on the Calgary Digital Radio System? Jay any help here maybe you would know?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Tsuu T'ina FD is not dispatched by Calgary - they're dispatched by M.D. Foothills.

I have heard them on their frequency but few and far between. At one time they were included in the radio tests that happen on Foothills' frequencies around 1845-1915 but I haven't heard them lately (not that I've been listening too hard).

The repeater I think is not exactly high power and I haven't been able to find it in the Industry Canada database.

A

Ambulance2014

Thank you for the Info Jay. I guess I will just have to tune in there frequency and hope I hear a call one day come in (Not that a lot happens out there anyway) You would hear more from Siksika Or Nakoda Than Tsuu Tina FD.

A

Ambulance2014

Im also thinking that there frequency in the Tsuu Tina section in the database is not there dispatch channel....as it say Talk around and not Dispatch. So it must be there communication channel between radio and not there dispatch channel. Maybe that's why we don't hear anything on it?

A

Ambulance2014

Yes Jay this is the one I am Talking about I got confused Because of the Tag. This must be there dispatch and talk channel.

A

Ambulance2014

Jay Also wondering How on the Uniden Home Patrol would you put in a Convential Frequency and be able to save it so it scans it on the Home Patrol? I have put in a frequency but I don't know how to save it to the list to scan on the Uniden Home Patrol...Im a little confused I want to add the Calgary Hospital Security frequencies but I want to be able to save it to the scanner. how would I do this?

Jay911

Feed Provider
If you're trying to use "Direct Frequency Entry", that's not the right place. You need to create a Favorites List.

There are many discussions here about doing that - sorry, I have to leave the computer for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.