Uniden Home Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Why does the Direct Entry not work? And would I have to input the frequency in manually because the Calgary health Region system is not showing up at all

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Why does the Direct Entry not work? And would I have to input the frequency in manually because the Calgary health Region system is not showing up at all

It's actually called "Quick" Frequency Entry, and it's purpose is to quickly check a frequency to see if there is any activity there, or to see if you can receive it at all. It's not meant for permanently entering frequencies into the scanner.

You can manually enter frequencies into a favorites list with Sentinel, then write them to the Home Patrol.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What he said, and yes you will need to program the AHS system in. Because that system can't be trunk-tracked by scanners, it is not downloaded automatically by the HomePatrol.

A

Ambulance2014

Great this clears things up a lot for me :) So I can use the quick frequency to use it to see if there is any radio traffic on the Hospital Frequencies or any frequencies that aren't programed into the home patrol automatically?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You can use it for a quick look at a given frequency. If you want to actually monitor that channel on a regular basis, you should put it into a Favorites list.

Status
Not open for further replies.