Uniden Homepatrol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desoto county public safety has changed to Motorola Type II SmartZone. My Homepatrol 1 will not pick this up. Just wondering if Homepatrol 2 will pick up Motorola Type II SmartZone? Many thanks to anyone who can help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Desoto county public safety has changed to Motorola Type II SmartZone. My Homepatrol 1 will not pick this up. Just wondering if Homepatrol 2 will pick up Motorola Type II SmartZone? Many thanks to anyone who can help.
With the most current database (be sure you are using the latest version of Sentinel, 2.03 for the HP-1 & HP-2), there's no reason, with the correct service types and location settings that the HP-1 will not pick up the Motorola Type II system: DeSoto County Public Safety Trunking System, DeSoto County, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies

However, I do see some talkgroups on the state MSWIN system, which is P25 Phase II, which the HP-1 will not receive.

Also see this thread in the Mississippi forum, especially the last 10 posts of so: http://forums.radioreference.com/mississippi-radio-discussion-forum/344237-desoto-co-trs.html

From that forum thread, it appears that your county is migrating to MSWIN. The HP-2, among other scanners, would be capable of tracking MSWIN. You could use your current programming for your HP-1 and append MSWIN to it, or just add the information. From the posts of that thread I linked, it sounds like the move is in progress, but a number of the talkgroups probably are not yet in the database, so you'd want to use Sentinel to set that system (MSWIN) for ID Search instead of ID Scan. Then you can note the new talkgroups as they come up and add them into Sentinel. As these get discovered & submitted to the database, then at some point they'll be in the the data sent to Sentinel.

I guess Desoto cty. is truly encrypted, but no mention of it in the database. I just wasted $400+ upgrading from homepatrol 1 to homepatrol 2 which only picks up a garbled audio in Desoto county, and that is far and few inbetween.

What I heard a few times was truly garbled. Wonder why I can't pick up anything. I have favorites set for Desoto county, and another favorites for NW Ms. to include desoto, tate, panola, marshal, and tunica counties. Nothing is coming in from Mississippi. Memphis comes in good. UPman if you can help please respond. Thanks.

JamesO

First you need to update the firmware and database using the Sentinel software.

Then you need to select the Service Types and Distance along with the systems you want to monitor.

It might be best to generate a Favorite or Custom scan list and start with just the system you want to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.