HP-1: Uniden HP-1 question about TG id search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcs00

KCØDAA
How can I search for TG's that are not included in the RR database on the HP-1 if there are not currently loaded into the RR system? Can I do that from the unit and capture it and add it directly to the scanner then upload those ids that have yet to be identified ? How can I scan for IDs on the HP-1 I have not been able to find out how to do that can anyone help ?

phask

Premium Subscriber
2 ways - with the Extreme update %50.00, I think, you can do some analysis.

Or create a favorite list, enable ID search in Sentinel and it will show all TG's

I've done it both ways, still have one running in ID search, also feed a 325 into Pro96Comm and an older 996 into ProScan and record.

dcs00

KCØDAA
HP-1 ID search

I will try that and see what works...I have the extreme update as well have had it awhile. Once I do it will post results. Thanks for the reply been wondering how to do this : )

phask

Premium Subscriber
I will try that and see what works...I have the extreme update as well have had it awhile. Once I do it will post results. Thanks for the reply been wondering how to do this : )

You can use the Advanced and even have it record (voice record) ones not in the Database or a selected Favorite.

I've had it run for hours, or days at times - not real hard, but some tricks (that I don't remember).

I've also just ran a FL with ID search, record everything and download to the PC. I use MediaMonkey to sort and listen.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
With the Extreme Upgrade:
Press Menu
Then Advanced Menu
Then Advanced Option
Edit Favorites Lists
Select the list that contains the system that you want to change to ID Search
Select the system you wish to change (in the Favorites list that you selected one line above)
Select "Edit System Options"
ID Search can be turned on or off on the next screen

Be sure that you also make the change in Sentinel so that the next time you write to scanner from Sentinel.
In Sentinel
Edit the Favorites list that the system is in.
ID Search On/Off is under the Options tab.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
You could also run trunked discovery. Lock onto the site you want and set to log only new talk groups and it will run until you stop it. Very handy, and it records audio from all the new talk groups it discovers. Make sure your database is current, or you'll record existing known talk groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.