HP-2: Uniden HP-2 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just recently got a HP-2 since my local system is upgrading to a P25 and I was just wondering does anyone like another particular antenna rather than the stock one?

Thanks in advance,

Bradley

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I just recently got a HP-2 since my local system is upgrading to a P25 and I was just wondering does anyone like another particular antenna rather than the stock one?

Thanks in advance,

Bradley

Are you looking for an external antenna or one to attach directly to the scanner the same as the stock one?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a couple telescopic ones, they're not very expensive and have worked well. Public safety in my area is around 150mhz, which I believe you would set the antenna to rougly 18". https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-7-Sec...c+antenna&qid=1605036601&s=electronics&sr=1-4
I've had good results with this antenna:

It's a telescopic antenna, as is the one doovenator suggested. It does have a swivel base so that you can adjust the antenna to be vertical. It also has frequency markings on the antenna itself to suggest how much to extend the antenna for a specific frequency range.

It's also available with a BNC connector (you'd use the SMA to BNC adapter that came with your HP-2) as well as an SMA version where you would not need the adapter.

ansky

I agree with getting a telescoping antenna. I have been using those with every scanner I have owned over the past 30+ years and they always perform the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.