uniden hp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonball

iam kind of disappointed in the hp1. with all the features and reviews i read about it doesn't tell everything . in order to use the band scope and direct entry (other uhf air freqs) not including the pre programmed channels. you need to buy the extreme download for $100. those 2 things are completely useless without it. i wish scanner reviews could be more detailed , what the pros and cons are.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
iam kind of disappointed in the hp1. with all the features and reviews i read about it doesn't tell everything . in order to use the band scope and direct entry (other uhf air freqs) not including the pre programmed channels. you need to buy the extreme download for $100. those 2 things are completely useless without it. i wish scanner reviews could be more detailed , what the pros and cons are.

Whenever I make a new purchase such as the Home Patrol, I have found that it's always best to read the reviews as well as checking directly with the source - the manufacturer.

In this case, I was easily able to determine exactly what I was going to get for my money, and what I was not going to get, by making a quick check with Uniden - and then make a decision based on the facts readily available at :

HomePatrol

WebHome < HomePatrol < TWiki

and specifically:

HomePatrolExtreme < HomePatrol < TWiki

That way, there are no dissapointments, or unfounded expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.