Uniden HP2 and APCO P25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Will the Uniden Homepatrol 2 do APCO P25 Phase 2 out of the box or would I need to
buy the Ultimate Upgrade?

marksmith

Out of the box. Ultimate upgrade does not effect what the radio receives, just other analysis options.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ansky

The Extreme upgrade is really not worth it in my opinion. I purchased it 2 years ago and never use those features. Unless you are a hard core scanner enthusiast that likes to do a lot of analysis of what you are receiving, then it's really not worth it. The only Extreme feature I have found worthwhile is the ability to add and edit Favorites lists directly on the scanner without needing to connect to the software.

Blackswan73

The Extreme upgrade is really not worth it in my opinion. I purchased it 2 years ago and never use those features. Unless you are a hard core scanner enthusiast that likes to do a lot of analysis of what you are receiving, then it's really not worth it. The only Extreme feature I have found worthwhile is the ability to add and edit Favorites lists directly on the scanner without needing to connect to the software.
And that alone was worth it for me. I have used that feature many times.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I found out the hard way that I needed the ultimate upgrade to enable the serial mode in order to use a 3rd party software package to control the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.