• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Uniden Introduces 3 new CB Radios -- Radical new designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The PRO505XL introduces a low-cost CB incorporating a PA function.

PRO505XL.jpg

The PRO505XL is small, easy to install, and has a big LCD with great viewability.

The Bearcat 680 introduces a radical new design to the core CB lineup. Incorporating all the great features familiar to users of the PC68XL, it includes a large display that clearly shows the operating channel, S/RF levels, and the status of all options.
Bearcat_680.jpg

The Bearcat 680 incorporates PA, Mic Gain, LO/DX RF Level, Automatic Noise Limiter and Noise Blanker, and rapid channel 9/19 hot key. It will also be compatible with a Wireless Microphone (available Summer 2012).

The biggest change to CBs since 1985, the Bearcat 880 takes a radical new approach to a mature product category.
Bearcat_880.jpg

The Bearcat 880 incorporates a 7-color backlit display, integrated SWR meter, frequency display, talkback, adjustable Mic Gain and RF Gain, Automatic Noise Limiter, Noise Blanker, PA function, Weather with Alert, Day/Night backlight settings so you can instantly switch to your desired backlight color and brightness, radio diagnostics, memory channels with memory channel scan, and compatibility with a wireless microphone (expected to be available Summer 2012). It includes a noise-canceling microphone.

PRO505XL and Bearcat 680 are shipping now. Bearcat 880 will begin shipping in the next few months.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That wireless mic photo is a preliminary design concept, and not really even close to what the final design will look like (other than generally being a microphone-shaped thing). The color display image also does not accurately reflect the colors on the display. I think these came from a presentation we were showing to some customers (who would have been told that images are not all final, yet).

No Bluetooth.

More models to come! (I'll let you know about them after FCC is granted.)

reedeb

No sideband, No remote head, No 5,000 watt kicker, WAAAAAA!!!

All I need is a simple rig. BUT if you INSIST on having all the goodies, they DO make radios like that by OTHR companies. I suppose the size of these rigs are a main reason they don't add all your forsaken goodies. AND for the price I don't see it happening.

EC-7

A remote head is almost a MUST for mobile radios now, due to the dash of newer vehicles. Im disappointed that CBs haven't caught on yet.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Uniden makes a cb that looks like a 996 scanner that has a back mic jack on it. Too bad its only for aus/NZ market.

Frank

We need a rig that has an ultra stable pll oscillator like most ham rigs do, we need sideband, some filtering options, and a remote head. they can do similar to the ham market and make the remote head, ultra stable oscillator and extra filtering an add on/upgrade option. this will keep initial cost down and allow those who want the advanced upgrades to have them.

i think a wireless bluetooth headset with a remote ptt that can mount to steering wheel would be nice as well.

too bad the fcc now requires type acceptance for cb's, i beleive back in the 60's they didn't you could actually build them from scratch or kits just so long as the radio conformed to the technical specifications.

wish we would go back to them days. the fcc could require that you have a ham license to build you're own cb rig.

i believe (at least under part 15) you can build up to 5 rigs for testing purposes without needing certification, not sure if this applies to other services as well.

There's actually another model called the Bearcat 980. It looks just like the 880 but it has sideband as well. I guess Uniden has decided to come out with an SSB rig again. Hopefully it will be stable.

Attachments

• 127c6989.jpg
    127c6989.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 13,070
Last edited:

OCO

Showing my ignorance - I've seen two references that indicate drift on SSB CBs. Is that a problem now? The stuff I worked on back in the 70's was pretty solid unless the clarifier mod wasn't done right.. The specs was something like +- 1PPM and the PLLs were locked to a crystal.. Drift? I could tell ya about a Siltronix 1011B that..........

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BC980 SSB CB Radio - Price: $199.99
http://www.truckers-store.com/store...oon-Uniden-BC980-SSB-CB-Radio_1097860610.html
http://cb-world.info/Uniden/uniden_bearcat_980_frames.htm
http://www.westcoastmall.net/undien-bc980-bearcat-980-cb-radio-ssb-lsb-usb-pi-6822.html
http://www.deepsouthradios.com/forum/showthread.php?459-On-the-way-from-Uniden/page2
http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...dio-forum/158973-coming-soon-from-uniden.html
http://www.mauldroppers.com/showthread.php?16694-New-Uniden-SSB-Radio

The image posted in this forum does not reflect the final design or feature set. As this unit has not yet received an FCC Grant, it is a bit early for us to be talking about it (basically everything here is based on leaked early images and specs).

Of course, the final design includes a front-panel clarifier knob. Beyond that, keep watching for more official information.
http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-band-...ideband-citizens-band-radio-2.html#post326786

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Bearcat 880 - FCC ID 'AMWUT390' Link.

View Attachment Exhibit Type Date Submitted to FCC Display Type Date Available
PDF LINK: Confidential Letter - Cover Letter(s) - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: External Photos - External Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Label Location - ID Label/Location Info - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Internal Photos - Internal Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Test Report - Test Report - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Test Setup Photos -Test Setup Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Users Manual - Users Manual - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There's actually another model called the Bearcat 980. It looks just like the 880 but it has sideband as well. I guess Uniden has decided to come out with an SSB rig again. Hopefully it will be stable.

Ok this might pique my interest a little. Enough to buy a cb again.....NAH!! :lol:
It is kinda cool looking tho.

n9zas

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Forget the 505. No RF gain. I'll just stick to my Uniden 520XL.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bearcat 880 - FCC ID 'AMWUT390' Link.

View Attachment Exhibit Type Date Submitted to FCC Display Type Date Available
PDF LINK: Confidential Letter - Cover Letter(s) - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: External Photos - External Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Label Location - ID Label/Location Info - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Internal Photos - Internal Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Test Report - Test Report - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Test Setup Photos -Test Setup Photos - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011
PDF LINK: Users Manual - Users Manual - 10/10/2011 - pdf - 10/10/2011

Interesting...if I could view the links? It says "not allowed to access this page"
???????

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.