• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Uniden is getting into the GPS receiver business

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Wouldn't be nice if the new GPS Uniden scanners had Bluetooth output for GPS data sending to a computer or a Bluetooth output for audio. A2DP could be used in addition to having duel VCOs there by receiving two channels at once.

The Bluetooth market is hip and I think a scanner company could benefit from this technology.

Anyone know if a Garmin GPS 12 could be used with this?

Anyone know if WASS and SiRFIII are software dependent? I would like to use a pocketPC with a Bluetooth GPS but don't know if the software would benefit.

Edit: Further reading tells me that it should work with NMEA0183 protocol capable software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.