Uniden known to run any black friday/holiday sales ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

? Have a 100, am likely to pull the trigger on a 200 any time now, figure it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if any holiday sales develop.

• Haha
Reactions: RRR
it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if any holiday sales develop.
I don't remember ever seeing any Uniden-run "sales". I may be mistaken.

I'd just keep my eyes on Amazon's pricing.

I wouldn't expect ANY sale pricing on the SDS series, however.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Uniden never has run any sales to my knowledge. Considering they don't allow their dealers to discount prices don't expect to see any sales from them either, unless they give some kind of added value as I've suggested before. But I don't think I've seen that happen either.

J805

I was wondering the same thing. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a scanner, but being so close to Black Friday makes it want to wait and see. Even an eBay coupon would be cool.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Uniden, no. But Ham Radio Outlet runs sales on the Uniden 436 & 536HPs every so often (there's one going on now). I've never seen an SDS sale anywhere. Guess flagship model pricing is set in stone

Xray

I have simulcast systems so it must be the 200. Amazon "sales" seem to be used from sketchy vendors, I'll stay away from that. Something tells me they are going to break lose and offer a discount soon, we'll see.

J805

I have simulcast systems so it must be the 200. Amazon "sales" seem to be used from sketchy vendors, I'll stay away from that. Something tells me they are going to break lose and offer a discount soon, we'll see.

It'll probably happen right after I go buy one, haha!

Xray

They don't even have the 100 listed on their own web site, odd. I think I saw a thread about this some time back and they implied that they didn't want to compete with their own vendors, but this was back when supply was low and they were hard to find in stock anywhere.

J805

They don't even have the 100 listed on their own web site, odd. I think I saw a thread about this some time back and they implied that they didn't want to compete with their own vendors, but this was back when supply was low and they were hard to find in stock anywhere.

I saw that too, not sure why though. If you go here, its not listed: Scanners

But if you type it in the search bar on top, it comes up: SDS100 True I/Q™ Digital Handheld Scanner

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Given the scarcity of used units on eBay, it's reasonable to infer that Uniden has not put enough SDS scanners into the market to ease demand. Which means discounted sales are unlikely if there is still a scarcity situation.

Reactions: RRR

Xray

Given the scarcity of used units on eBay, it's reasonable to infer that Uniden has not put enough SDS scanners into the market to ease demand. Which means discounted sales are unlikely if there is still a scarcity situation.

Well yeah true, they are not "mass produced" as we know the term with consumer electronics, such as an Echo Show or a coffee maker from best buy, but they are not scarce, every single reputable scanner outlet has them in stock and ready to ship, you can have one on your doorstep within 3 days any time you chose.
If they calculate that a holiday discount will entice people on the fence to buy one, and in so doing they would make more $$ overall than if they didn't offer a discount, then it stands to reason that they will do it, wouldn't you if you were calling the shots ?

I think the scarcity of used units on ebay can be attributed to the fact that there are relatively few out there, relatively few people that even want a police scanner, and the majority of those that have bought one are quite happy with them and not looking to get rid of them. Once the SDS 300 comes out we are likely to see a flood of them on the used market.

CorwinScansNM

I don't remember ever seeing any Uniden-run "sales". I may be mistaken.

I'd just keep my eyes on Amazon's pricing.

I wouldn't expect ANY sale pricing on the SDS series, however.

You might want to consider & would be better off Creating a Free Account with Keepa.com which is where you setup a desired Price for an Item like the Uniden SDS100 or the Uniden SDS200 Scanner & let Keepa do the Price Watching & Homework for you including Lightning Deals so that you don't have to. Keepa will Alert you if Amazon LLC or a 3rd Party Seller on Amazon goes down in Price on a Product such as the Uniden SDS100 or Uniden SDS2000 but only, if it's at or less than your desired/set Price that you would Purchase the Product for.

I myself use Keepa for Tracking many Products on Amazon that I think are too Pricey for me to want to Purchase at the time, & that I only want to Purchase if those specific Products that I want & am Tracking reach low enough to my set desired Price that I would pay for them on Amazon. Keepa is a Winner for me & to my use/benefit because it saves me time & effort by doing the Homework of Price Tracking on Amazon for me so that I don't have to.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As others have noted, I've never seen a Black Friday sale direct from Uniden. Some of the regular dealers may have a promotion, such as free shipping or maybe an extra card for the database scanners.

For those that prefer the ARC software, Gommert usually has a "half price" sale for customers that already own one of the software programs.

Like Corwin posted, I also have Keepa watching prices on specific items that I might be interested in if the price is lower.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about Uniden, but a Uniden retailer had 20% off of everything in the store. That included the SDS100 that I snagged for $551.00, including MA sales tax. Another $110.00 for DMR and NXDN upgrade, and probably another $30.00 or so for a nylon case.

Oh, and I love the SDS100. As good as the 436HP is, this is better.

LukeB

It was posted in another thread but MTCRadio.com had an awesome deal on the SDS100. It was $545 and included a carrying case and free shipping. The discount ($105 from $650) was applied after the product was added to the cart. It was a black Friday deal and I dont know if it's still being honored or not but it may be worth a look. They had sold out of the SDS100's over the weekend though. They also had a great deal on the SDS200 but they were sold out before I could find it on their site.

This was by far one of the best deals I've seen on the SDS100. It was out of my price range up until I saw the post on here about the one retailer.

Here is the link SDS100 Black Friday Sale

Good luck

garys

Premium Subscriber
You Do It Electronics had a 20% off any item in the store and free shipping. I had to pay sales tax, but still ended up at $551.00 and got next day shipping. Then I sold my 436HP which cut into the sales price quite a bit. Have a spare battery and charger on the way, bought the DMR and NXDN upgrades, and I'm looking at cases.

I'll still be under $300.00 out of pocket for the whole thing.

Xray

You Do It Electronics had a 20% off any item in the store and free shipping. I had to pay sales tax, but still ended up at $551.00 and got next day shipping. Then I sold my 436HP which cut into the sales price quite a bit. Have a spare battery and charger on the way, bought the DMR and NXDN upgrades, and I'm looking at cases.

I'll still be under $300.00 out of pocket for the whole thing.

How so, didn't you originally pay for the 436HP ?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Of course. However, unlike most electronics you buy, a scanner may have residual value. So, selling it to someone else allows me to recoup some of the cost of buying the 436HP and apply it to the SDS100. OTOH, the desktop that I just replaced with a new one has $0.0 value because it's very outdated technology. Just like TVs, which people generally keep until they die and thus are total write offs.

It's the same with cars. If you sell your car and put the money towards your new car, then you've recouped some money. There is depreciation, but not 100%. There are still people buying and using x36HP scanners and the used market seems pretty robust for them.

OTOH, I have a other scanners that are good for a specific use, but would have no resale value.

How so, didn't you originally pay for the 436HP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.