Uniden Mystic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

obk-captain

Hi everyone !
I'm new on this forum and...need for help
First of all I live in Spain and my mother tonge isn't the english so I apologize for errors and mistakes...
Well. Brief.
I bought a UNIDEN MYSTIC VHF/GPS combo in e-Bay last Chritsmas. And it was working very nice...until the last week.
As the unit came with US & Canada maps and they aren't poor utility sailing in Spain, I tried to upload maps from Mediterranean Spanish coast (where I have a sail boat 10 ms lenght), using the Magellan Map Send Software.
Due to a false maneuver or any other cause, the unit got frozen...neither commands, nor controls responds.
Surfing Internet, I found the UNIDEN CUSTOMER SERVICE form to e-m@il a question ...is like crash into a wall...the first answer was...."we can repair it, but we can't ship it back to Spain"....
Well, surfing again, I found a radio ham (as me) who lives near the UNIDEN Headquarter who will take car of receiving the unit, sending to repair and getting it back to my home in Spain.
Phoning again to the CUSTOMER SERVICE (please note the diferent hours betwen Spain and USA C-time)and speacking in french ('cause I prefer to speak french rather english ir order to have a good traslation) the laydy told me ..."we won't repair it, because you bought it in e-Bay"....asking them for the "original receipt".
I told the lady tha I bought via Paypal and the only receipt I have is that...The lady insists....ONLY THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT.
well, the problem now is ...what can I do with this unit??. I must drop it into de dustbin??
Anyone can help me ???
I'm waiting for any answer...(If I must send this unit to the North Pole, I'll do it)
Greetings from Spain

obk-captain

Uniden mystic (2)

Hi everyone !
I'm new on this forum and...need for help
First of all I live in Spain and my mother tonge isn't the english so I apologize for errors and mistakes...
Well. Brief.
I bought a UNIDEN MYSTIC VHF/GPS combo in e-Bay last Chritsmas. And it was working very nice...until the last week.
As the unit came with US & Canada maps and they aren't poor utility sailing in Spain, I tried to upload maps from Mediterranean Spanish coast (where I have a sail boat 10 ms lenght), using the Magellan Map Send Software.
Due to a false maneuver or any other cause, the unit got frozen...neither commands, nor controls responds.
Surfing Internet, I found the UNIDEN CUSTOMER SERVICE form to e-m@il a question ...is like crash into a wall...the first answer was...."we can repair it, but we can't ship it back to Spain"....
Well, surfing again, I found a radio ham (as me) who lives near the UNIDEN Headquarter who will take car of receiving the unit, sending to repair and getting it back to my home in Spain.
Phoning again to the CUSTOMER SERVICE (please note the diferent hours betwen Spain and USA C-time)and speacking in french ('cause I prefer to speak french rather english ir order to have a good traslation) the laydy told me ..."we won't repair it, because you bought it in e-Bay"....asking them for the "original receipt".
I told the lady tha I bought via Paypal and the only receipt I have is that...The lady insists....ONLY THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT.
well, the problem now is ...what can I do with this unit??. I must drop it into de dustbin??
Anyone can help me ???
I'm waiting for any answer...(If I must send this unit to the North Pole, I'll do it)
Greetings from Spain

Well, in my humble opinion we are reaching a "point of understanding". After a phone dialog with a very nice person in the Customer Service, she noticed that I was (always) talking about a USED unit. I said several times that I bought this unit via e-Bay because I live in Spain, and it's a USED unit...The old owner sold his boat and VHF/GPS.
Finally she took in contact with her manager. Today I sent a fax to the Customer Service.

Please stand by... To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.