Uniden new BCD 436 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPDAUX

looking for information on this new radio scanner is there anyone in sedwick County that has purchased this scanner would like to know if the SD card frequencies are up to date with the new p25 phase 1 frequencies in Wichita Kansas I am thinking about purchasing the scanner but would really like the easy way of setting it up with Jess zip code really do not want to install update program out of the box any information would be appreciated thank you very much

NYPDAUX

Thank you for your feedback I'm hoping that someone out there actually has the item and is using it and can tell me if they're having any problems listening to Cedric County thanks again I appreciate it

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

palmerlake

The programming in this scanner is the same as the RadioReference database.

If there is a change/addition to the RR DB then the scanner would need the update as well to remain current.

they update every Monday should be ok.

NYPDAUX

Thank you for your input being that I am NOT in advance scanner person I will not be doing my own programming I know there are many out there who love to do that as long as this unit will work fine with the new p25 system in my state of Kansas I'll be happy looking to drop the ball on that new scanners soon thank you

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
I just got mine today. I did have to update the database that was on there but that was it. It came in just fine. Other than switching it to a Favorite list. The program was already done for me. It is coming in WAY better than my 396xt

mancow

Database Admin
How did you get one so quickly? I ordered from Hamstation and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

NYPDAUX

And you are in Kansas and anywhere near Wichita sedwick County and you are listening to the new p25 frequencies here that came out about a week ago ?

NYPDAUX

Cancel that last comment I just looked at your profile I should have done that in the first place uh alright thank you for the information I guess can I just ask you did you get it for like four $94.99 or did you pay more

mancow

Database Admin
I ordered Sunday night and it was $499.99 + $18 shipping.

I never go to Wichita (I'm near the Kansas City area) but I'm hoping it works with the horrible simulcast issues with the Johnson County and MARRS systems.

NYPDAUX

Anyway I hope you enjoy it and I hope it works out for you if there's anyone else out there that lives in Wichita Kansas that is thinking about purchasing that scanner please let me know how it works out for you I would appreciate the feedback

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
I ordered Sunday night and it was $499.99 + $18 shipping.

I never go to Wichita (I'm near the Kansas City area) but I'm hoping it works with the horrible simulcast issues with the Johnson County and MARRS systems.

I paid the same amount.

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
Anyway I hope you enjoy it and I hope it works out for you if there's anyone else out there that lives in Wichita Kansas that is thinking about purchasing that scanner please let me know how it works out for you I would appreciate the feedback

Thanks! It works great compared to my last one. Im going to tweak my antenna tomorrow to possibly get a little more out of it.

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
I"m debating on uploading a youtube video of the 436HP programmed on the Sedgwick County system. Is this something anybody would want to see? What would you like to see in the video?

NYPDAUX

please do so I'm probably going to definitely need it when I get my radio and please do the video will preciate it greatly

NYPDAUX

It sounds different used to be north east south west and you were here Park City are you with your how are things you sure you got all the agencies in there

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
It sounds different used to be north east south west and you were here Park City are you with your how are things you sure you got all the agencies in there

It is still North, East, South, West. I do have all the agencies programmed in. I have even noticed a couple more in the database. It just happens that only WPD and WSUPD were talking when I was shooting the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.