Uniden new BCD 436 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirlyn

Premium Subscriber
Guess I haven't been paying that close attention....does the 436 have that much more info available at a glace when compared to the 536 due the screen aspect ratio? Or is it the same, just in a different layout?

NYPDAUX

? Is there a recommended cigarette lighter adapter to plug into the USB cable when going mobile

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

bchappuie

I ordered Sunday night and it was $499.99 + $18 shipping.

I never go to Wichita (I'm near the Kansas City area) but I'm hoping it works with the horrible simulcast issues with the Johnson County and MARRS systems.

I have a thread on just that. Let us know how it works out.

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
Guess I haven't been paying that close attention....does the 436 have that much more info available at a glace when compared to the 536 due the screen aspect ratio? Or is it the same, just in a different layout?

It looks to me the 536 has one line per category, the 436 has 3 lines per category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomkat67

How do you set priority channels on the BCD436HP? I have read the owners manual and just cant get it to work. I am new to scanning so any help will be appreciated.

NYPDAUX

I like to know if there's anyone in this trend of the form live in Wichita Kansas and is able to hear the Wichita PD Andover an all other agencies with no problem on the new BCD 4:36 HP

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
How do you set priority channels on the BCD436HP? I have read the owners manual and just cant get it to work. I am new to scanning so any help will be appreciated.

How are you programming the scanner? Manually or via the sentinal app?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you should buy one and use your 30 days to test it and see if you can handle it. However, I don 't know if you can ever truly escape from the programming needed to run this radio. Firmware updates and data base updates may be necessary, especially as radio systems change.

joeuser

The Wretched
I can't get past the report that you can only use batteries with the unit & you can't use it while it's recharging the batteries... Please tell me this report is false...

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I can't get past the report that you can only use batteries with the unit & you can't use it while it's recharging the batteries... Please tell me this report is false...

You CAN listen to the radio while the usb is plugged in and there are no batteries installed. With batteries installed you CAN NOT charge the batteries while radio is plugged in and scanning. Batteries will only charge while radio is off and in charge mode.

Not a big deal. I always have fresh batteries in hand or use the radio plugged in to my computer.

joeuser

The Wretched
You CAN listen to the radio while the usb is plugged in and there are no batteries installed. With batteries installed you CAN NOT charge the batteries while radio is plugged in and scanning. Batteries will only charge while radio is off and in charge mode.

Not a big deal. I always have fresh batteries in hand or use the radio plugged in to my computer.

That's welcome news. Wonder if one could use a USB charger plugged into the wall?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I am using one now. Radio Shack had one for $15.00. Mine is 5 Volt +/- 5% and 2.1 amps.

Should work with no problems

Greg

NYPDAUX

Perhaps you should buy one and use your 30 days to test it and see if you can handle it. However, I don 't know if you can ever truly escape from the programming needed to run this radio. Firmware updates and data base updates may be necessary, especially as radio systems change.

Can understand your feelings I was a little bit intimidated myself but I have just received my radio today and it was a relatively very simple to setup I'm not one to go in and do programming I was happy with just entering my zip code and it works fine very clear on my p25 frequencies in my county in the beginning I was very leery with all the postings I guess I can say I'm lucky

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

shocker81

I would go with the RS Pro 106 or the RS Pro 2097. Trust me you will be much happier. I know I am. I bought the Pro 106 and the Pro 2097 when they came out about three years or four years ago and I would never substitute the new Uniden scanner for what I already have. The RS radios pick up the new Sedgwick County System great with the right settings and the right antenna.

joeuser

The Wretched
I would go with the RS Pro 106 or the RS Pro 2097. Trust me you will be much happier. I know I am. I bought the Pro 106 and the Pro 2097 when they came out about three years or four years ago and I would never substitute the new Uniden scanner for what I already have. The RS radios pick up the new Sedgwick County System great with the right settings and the right antenna.

Wichita Shocker fan? Doing awesome this year, aren't they?

If you would, elaborate on why, you think I'd be happier - please?

I did some other reading, after I read your post. I see they are capable of the P25p1 KSICS system. Seen a few on ebay for ~225$. Butel has software for it... Other than saving ~50% from the cost of a BCD436HP or BCD536HP new, what are the other advantages - in your opinion?

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO 106 as well as a 436. First, since Whistler took over the GRE company...they made the 106 for Radio Shack, they no longer carry them in their catalog. Therefore, if you want a 106, you will need to find a Radio Shack that still has one in stock, unless you are planning to buy a used one...which I would suggest never do.

The PRO 106 almost makes it certain you will need to buy the BUTEL software for programming. The software on the 106 can be very difficult to program manually. You will need to buy a cable from the shack.

Also realize that the 106 is great, but will not pick up the new TDMA phase I and II radio systems, which many states and county's are beginning to use. It is in place here in northern Illinois, and only the 436/536 will decode it.

Just some thoughts. And I don't even live in Kansas. :)

fp5930

I am looking for help in getting my Pro 106 to pick up the Wichita/Sedgwick County P-25 Digital transmissions. Mark at Radio Shack in Derby programmed my radio for this system and it works fine in certain areas of town but where I live near Park City it receives poorly or not at all. Your comment about the right settings and antenna may be my problem. Any suggestions on settings or antenna? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.