Uniden on KSICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatertj

Im looking to get a uniden BCD396XT sometime within the next few months. I would like to know if others have this scanner here in kansas so i can hear if it decodes the KSICS APCO 25 very well or if i should just get a RS or GRE model and get some filters for my area. My current Pro-2055 Overloads in VHF-Hi because of some strong signals here so thats why im leaning toward uniden.

Thanks

starwtc

Can't say how the 396xt works but my 996xt and 396t work great when we travel in your state. We are giong to get a396xt also, wouldn't even think of another brand!
Ted

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I use a 396T and it works great with a RS800 on it. If you are in Butler Co. or LVCO the problem might be a simulcast overload. If you are not using a RS800 antenna, you might want to consider that upgrade first.

skatertj

Butler county is on a simulcast system as is Leavenworth. Also, im thinking of going with the Pro-106 but i will be running it with a FM trap while i use it in my car because of how the overload and i am having overload issues with my pro-2055. Im sure the pro-106 will do the same. I would go with a uniden, but i worry i wont pick up as much with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.