Uniden Open House 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Lol. I vote DVR scanner.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
On the software side - what would be revolutionary is one programming application that works with every programmable Uniden scanner ever made.

Now that I would buy.

not to hijack or advertise, but so you at least know....

ScanControl Ver. 7.1

ScanControl Full Uniden Edition - Designed for complete programming, memory management and control / monitoring support for the Uniden BC95XLT, SC230, BC245XLT, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCT8, BC780XLT, BC250D, BC785D, BC296D, BC796D, BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T, BCT15, BCD996T and the Radio Shack PRO-2052. See our ScanControl Edition Feature Matrix (below) for all the features contained in our Full Editions.

I prefer Butel, but this is great software still, I use it to make a setup for my BCD396T w/butel, upload to scanner, download to ScanControl, then Upload to my BR330T and BCT15 radios...

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Very cool - I didn't know about that software. It can handle my BC780, BR330T, and PSR-500, all of which are in varying stages of consistency. I will definitely look into that. Thanks for posting!

Uniden: never mind.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
We'll be announcing a revolutionary new scanner product on July 1, but attendees will get a sneak preview and introduction to the product from Uniden's Scanner Product Manager, Paul "UPMan" Opitz. Plus, hear from other guests including Lindsay Blanton, owner of RadioReference.com, the source for radio system information as well as other special guests.

Wow, this is cool. I wonder what it will be??? I'm sure Lindsay has a gag order :twisted:

UPMan, will you be playing a few cords on guitar during the barbecue? Maybe your greatest hits?:cool:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
UPMan, will you be playing a few cords on guitar during the barbecue? Maybe your greatest hits?

I'll probably do that at Starbucks to relax after cleaning up the Open House.

Mikepepd

UPMan: What happened to the 72 hours confirmation email? I registered last Sunday and have not received the confirmation.
Thanks!
Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Not sure which Mike you are, but if you didn't register 4 people, or if you didn't register as Michael Pe... and have BC246; BCD996T; BC170; PRP2-53; PRO43; PRO135; then I didn't receive the notification...give it another go.

If you did register 4 people or list those scanners (two different registrants), I believe I confirmed at 5:21 on Monday evening (but I cannot see my bcc list from here...).

87 guests have registered so far...including folks from Chicago, North Carolina, and of course many from the DFW area.

Master of Military Air monitoring and Monitoring Times maven Larry Van Horn has confirmed as a presenter, as has Norm Schreim of National Communications.

Mikepepd

UPMan: I am the "Michael Pe..." with the list of scanners. I did not receive the email at the address that I provided. However, if there is nothing in the confirmation that I need for identification, I will just carry on. If you need to resend, I can provide you with email (I believe by personal message through this system).

Great line up and I am looking forward to coming down. Still a chance I might not be able to get away but ever hopeful....
Mike

Statevillian

Decoding digital LTR and Motorola MotoTRBO would be cool and kind of revolutionary. I wonder if it is a phone/scanner?....That would be pretty revolutionary. Thanks for invite UPMan. I'm saving my money for the latest greatest wave in scanning. Wishing you well and much success with the Open House. Neat idea though!

cpuerror

I'm 90% certain the new product is going to be a GPS that plugs into the side of the scanner. Upman is like the rest of us, can't keep a secret without leaking out clues here and there.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber

Cskib32087

If its just a GPS thing it would be disappointing. MY scanners now can do GPS.
If they want to get people to buy scanners they know what we want.
Mototrbo would be nice, TDMA is a must as the new P25 is TDMA but P25 TDMA and Mototrbo TDMA are not interchangeable, sad but true.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We've updated the menu to Barbecue (Spring Creek) and we are springing for the Peach Cobbler to go with.

Also, cut-off for guaranteed T-Shirt size was yesterday. If you are coming, please still register (so we can be sure to have enough food). We'll have some extra shirts, all either L or XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.