Uniden Open House 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
Paul:
I'd be happy to host an East Coast party in Maryland if Uniden wanted to send you, the "product" and the food!!
JK

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
If its just a GPS thing it would be disappointing. MY scanners now can do GPS.
But what CPU sugessted was a GPS that plugs right into the side of the scanner, no cords and crap to get in the way. I would have bought that if it had been available. I mad my own that attaches to the belt clip screw (belt clip removed) and is only about 3/16 thick. It runs off the scanner batteries which was an invasive mod to do but you would need li-po or something to power the GPS or it will be so huge.

ki4gyw

Premium Subscriber
Software Defined Scanner

I vote for a Software Defined Scanner, that demods p25 phase 1/2, Nextedge, MotoTRBO, EDACS ect.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

unlisted said:
A revolutionary new scanner product will be announced.

So, without any more info, shall I start selling my bcd396xt AND my pro 106 in anticipation of this new product? :p

Now that is a good question. :)

The question is: "are you a gambling man?":p

LouCheese

You know, it probably won't matter what it is, I'll end up buying it anyway.

Will the presentations be webcast for those of us who can't travel?

Last edited:

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Uniden keeps things under wraps better than Apple does. Maybe someone will find a prototype of the new product in a bar or something? :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm on the road with it, now (not the main purpose of my trip). Actually closer to your house than my normal haunts...but I doubt I'll be leaving anything laying around Opryland.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
That doesn't sound very "revolutionary"...

I agree, but it's trendy in the scanner industry to use the term "revolutionary" even if not warranted.

So far the legitimate "revolutionary" advancements to date have been Trunk Tracking, Dynamic Memory, and P25.

I certainly hope there will be a legitimate "revolutionary" product announced, We shall see!

peepoop

Premium Member
"Scanner product" could mean "accessory". So get ready for a new leather carrying case!

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

peepoop said:
"Scanner product" could mean "accessory". So get ready for a new leather carrying case!

I've been wanting a revolutionary case... :D

or maybe this scanner accessory can "talk to the cops", eliminating the need to explain to stupid people why your scanner CANNOT "talk to the cops". :p

garys

Premium Subscriber
You know what would be neat? At least to me. WiFi or Bluetooth control of the scanner including audio. Either directly or through a wireless router. That way I could leave the scanner attached to the outside antenna, but still control and hear the audio on my laptop.

Just saying.

Viper43

You know what would be neat? At least to me. WiFi or Bluetooth control of the scanner including audio. Either directly or through a wireless router. That way I could leave the scanner attached to the outside antenna, but still control and hear the audio on my laptop.

Just saying.

I think ICOMS been making those for years so that wouldn't be too revolutionary :)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.