Uniden Owner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6454

I try to use the Uniden Owners manual on my new BCD996P2
Also The Easier to read manual on this radio
If i was searching and needing support for this there is a massive amout of information with both manuals on this.
The same with conventional scanning.
Im into 800Mhz Digital Trunked APCO-25 systems programmed into my radio using Freescan
there is very little information with both user manuals on improving P-25 performance and the options this radio has.
Does anyone know of a better source of information only addressing P-25s -No searching no close call?
If you could share those resourses with me i thaank you in advance!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/302140-bcd996xt-p25-decode-adjustment.html

While you have the 996P2 and this page is talking about the 996XT, for P25 settings adjustment purposes, it is done the same way on both scanners.

Just guessing, but I suspect you are trying to deal with simulcast distortion. Another setting to experiment with is the Site Attenuation.

You'll have to do a lot of experimenting to arrive at the best combination of P25 Adjust Level and P25 Adjust Mode settings. No one size fits all - my neighbor and I have the same models scanners. To get best results for our local system, I use different settings than he does.

Just be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.