Uniden Phone Support - Non Existant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber
I've tried to stay on hold for periods up to 25 minutes this morning ( I am on the East Coast ) for uniden Scanner Support. I give up, is 800 620 7531 a joke or what?

Also, none of this would be happening if you didn't need a silly registration code just to update the firmware on the unit. I just bought a 996 XT and cannot login to my uniden website, I don't get the account registration Email in my inbox. I've tried several times.

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber
If Uniden can't support it's own products, and their servers are broken so you can't login and register, then I suggest they remove the registration code requirement from the latest firmware update so that customers can update the unit without the hassle and poor experience.

I mean seriously registration codes? What is this the 90's?

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If Uniden can't support it's own products, and their servers are broken so you can't login and register, then I suggest they remove the registration code requirement from the latest firmware update so that customers can update the unit without the hassle and poor experience.

I mean seriously registration codes? What is this the 90's?

The Company is just broken down. SAD. They jumped out of the gate running full steam ahead with a new scanner product line and the BCD536HP radio has flopped so far with hardware related issues. It sounds like Uniden has gone into "Silent Mode" for now.

At least my 996XT keeps me a float for right now. No problems and no failures. Its my work horse for right now.

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
The other day I held for over 3.5 hours until my phone died and I never got through. I need to pay for a repair but I can't get through to anybody. I'm really stuck. I sent them an email two days ago telling them to call me and no dice. This is the most pathetic poor excuse for service that I have ever experienced. I hope Uniden is reading this. Dose any one know the name of the CEO or CFO? I'll gladly give he or she a call and let them know. I write this as I sit on hold not for almost an hour.

Jaime-KA3NXN.

BigC801

The email support is just as bad, I sent them about 8 emails last year and still haven't heard back.

pepsima1

Banned
Honestly I feel bad for you. Its like being out in the middle of the ocean without a GPS and not knowing where you are. Maybe Uniden fired everybody and is starting with fresh new warm bodies.

You could always search the internet for Uniden Corporation CEO or CFO. Its public information

Good Luck.

pepsima1

Banned
The other day I held for over 3.5 hours until my phone died and I never got through. I need to pay for a repair but I can't get through to anybody. I'm really stuck. I sent them an email two days ago telling them to call me and no dice. This is the most pathetic poor excuse for service that I have ever experienced. I hope Uniden is reading this. Dose any one know the name of the CEO or CFO? I'll gladly give he or she a call and let them know. I write this as I sit on hold not for almost an hour.

Jaime-KA3NXN.

Honestly and this is a hard pill to swallow. I would just dump the old unit that needs repair and be done with it and buy a new one if possible. How much is your time and patients worth at this point. Cut your loss...

Not sure if that is an option for you or not.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Customer Service Line

Try this number; 1 800 297 1023 Custoer service & technical assistance.

JamesO

Jaime-KA3NXN.

I had a similar issue, the item I sent in was finished and for some reason they could not charge my credit card. I provided all my contact info to include e-mail and phone numbers.

They snail mailed a letter to me, between weekend and what not by the time I receive the snail mail, I had like less than 10 days to pay for the item or it would be "disposed" of.

Called the FAX number of the repair letter, 100% busy all the time, just called it now for fun, still busy after 4 FREAKING MONTHS! Finally called another number that had nothing to do with Service/Repair and found a helpful person that was able to take payment and get things moving.

Also if you are on hold and they go to lunch, I think I went from some repeat message about everyone busy to the calls would not be answered for another hour until they all got back from lunch!

Suggest you try these numbers:

FAX - 817-799-1514
Voice - 800-620-7531

Good luck!!

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber
So guys,

Appreciate all the feedback here, let me clarify a bit.

I have a BCD996XT, now I notice there are two firmware update pages, and two different versions of Firmware:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/publish/BCD996XTFirmwareUpdate.html
BCD996TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Which one is the correct one for me? I actually wasn't aware that there was a BCD 996T, I assumed it was just a 996XT.

My mistake, but which firmware update should I apply?
1.07.03 for 996XT, or BCD996T Firmware Revision 3.02.00

JamesO

T and XT are very different animals. Use the image for your product

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber
T and XT are very different animals. Use the image for your product

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

yep, that's what I figured. Which means I might be at the latest firmware already, 1.7.3. Which would make this whole thread null, however, I was surprised by the amount of frustration here with Uniden Support. That's good to know. Maybe someone at Uniden can listen up here.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We called ka3nxn back about the time he was typing his email.

Our phone service was not functioning properly. I'm told that it has been rectified.

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber

Our phone service was not functioning properly. I'm told that it has been rectified.

Thanks UPMan, Is there anyway I can get a registration Email sent out or a Password reset for my new account? Username "Lcstyle", not that I need it anymore after figuring out that I was trying to update my 996XT with 996T Firmware (DUMB DUMB DUMB).

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

You know, in most cases the problem with long support wait times is two fold.

1. Not enough reps on hand to handle the volume of calls.
2. Not enough customers out there who are willing to look up the answer they need for themselves.

The reality of it is many people call a tech support number for information they could have easily found for themselves either in the user's manual of the product or online. This ties up all the available reps so that people who really DO need to speak to a human to RMA a unit or order parts are stuck waiting in limbo forever.

Has Uniden considered creating an online troubleshooter that could answer most of the common calls you get? I have experience making things like this, Paul - PM me if you think Uniden might be interested in setting something like this up. I can produce a sample of such a thing for the 436 pretty quickly if you think Uniden might actually be willing to spend a few bucks on such a thing. Let me know.

-AZ

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• 6-20-2014 5-03-29 PM.jpg
    6-20-2014 5-03-29 PM.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 216

Lcstyle

Premium Subscriber
Because there are no downloads for that model in that legacy system.

BCD996XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

OK, thanks, it looks like I'm running the latest firmware.

Just out of curiousity, what was the release date for 1.07.03?
I'm looking at the date at the bottom of the referenced page which states:
"Topic revision: r8 - 28 Jan 2013" but that might not be equal to the release date for the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.