Uniden Programming Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbart

Presently I program my BR330T using ARC software and the Uniden supplied serial cable. That serial cable is more or less permanently attached to the back of my computer tower.

Rumor has it that Santa will be bringing me a BCT15X plus ARC software. Does anyone know if the serial cable that comes with the BCT15X uses the same connector (on the scanner end) as the BR330T?

I don't want to get into having to switch cables on the back of the tower. If they're not the same, I'll tell Santa I need the USB cable. I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
All Uniden DMA scanners use the same cable. Which is very convenient if you're like me and have too many of them. :)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If you use serial the supplied cable is going to work with all Uniden DMA scanners as garys pointed out, but if you need a USB to serial adapter, make sure you are using the latest drivers. The only Uniden supported USB to serial cable is the USB-1 cable.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you use serial the supplied cable is going to work with all Uniden DMA scanners as garys pointed out, but if you need a USB to serial adapter, make sure you are using the latest drivers. The only Uniden supported USB to serial cable is the USB-1 cable.

That being said, I've yet to find one that won't work with Butel software. I have found one that won't work with other software. I've also found that adapters with with the FTDI chip set work best.

sseawright

I just ordered my first scanner in years, the BCT15x, I haven't got it yet so I have a question. . . can't I just use a standard USB to mini USB to program it with FreeScan? That is a mini USB jack on the front isn't it? I have several of those running around the house.

LSEMT219

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

sseawright said:
I just ordered my first scanner in years, the BCT15x, I haven't got it yet so I have a question. . . can't I just use a standard USB to mini USB to program it with FreeScan? That is a mini USB jack on the front isn't it? I have several of those running around the house.

No it is not. It is a Uniden proprietary connector on it.

nichmeg

cable

mbart (or anyone else that this may apply to)-
Would you be willing to help me out? I purchased a BC-246T used and the guy couldnt find the cable. I need to update the firmware and would like to reprogram this, but dont have a cable. I would be willing to reimburse your shipping costs.
Thanks,
Nick

sseawright

D9 Serial cable

It also uses RS232 signaling, not USB.

I think that I might have a couple of serial (D9) cables also just laying around not doing anything along with an older laptop with a serial port. Will this work for programming the scanner using FreeScan, or am I just stuck ordering the USB Uniden Cable? It will be installed in a dispatch center, NOT in a vehicle, therefore it is not that important that it use the front port. I noticed that it has the serial port on the back, but was unclear if it was used just for controlling the scanner remotely or also used for programming. Thanks for all the help guys. I use two radios all the time in my daily work, but have always just used the standard Bearcat BC350A in my patrol vehicle. Thanks a million.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Rear port has all the functions of the front port with two exceptions: form factor and you must use the front port for firmware updates.

Should work fine with either a PC that has RS232 or the USB-1 to a PC with USB.

sseawright

That should do it

Rear port has all the functions of the front port with two exceptions: form factor and you must use the front port for firmware updates.

Should work fine with either a PC that has RS232 or the USB-1 to a PC with USB.

Thanks guys for all the help. I think that I am in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.