Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I struck gold today.
raqyve5e.jpg

raqamumy.jpg

Wthom100

Solid Gold baby - - solid gold!! Nice find. $86 for a pro-197 is a great grab for sure.

I am hoping the BCD396XT handheld starts to get cleared-out. I think the pro-106 handheld models are pretty much down to bare bones inventory by now (but you never know as evidenced by that pro-197!).

Congrats - Wthom100

wise871

Database Admin
The HP-1 and 396xt were at regular price. Even though the 996XT shows online only, they do have them locally in some stores. I had them check the back room at each store. I made a call to another store and they sold a 996XT for $99 a few days ago. The prices are just crazy low. I wasn't even planning on getting the 197 today but at that price I could resist. I plan to sale the 197 to a friend at work if he's interested.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Wow! $99 would be an awesome price for a 396XT or 996XT. :cool:

Our local Shack has them for $469.99

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Even if listed at that price, have them scan it and see if it shows lower price.

Last edited:

jturner0829

Premium Subscriber
yall have me in the strange mood to go to she shack after dinner. just told the wife to hurry up we gotta go. aint got time to waste. lol

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I called 2 different stores Store 1 said possible Public Improvement Fee or State Tax. Store 2 had no idea what was I talking about. I called the 800 number and they were lost too. I went got some items today and I used cash and got home notice the the PIFF/License Fee.

The RadioShack HQ never called me back this week so I guess their lost too.

jturner0829

Premium Subscriber
i just went to 2 closest store to me and one store only had radio shack non digital non trunking and the other store didn't have any scanners. they don't even keep them in stock. the one store that had the 2 non digital scanners told me that the bad thing about the new scanners is that everyone is starting to use encrypting and soon scanners wont be of any use for police kinda things. this guy... i tell you what, im surprised he how to use encrypting in a sentence. there is no way he could tell you the difference of p25 or convt. i told him that a lot of services are doing to digital and you have to have a scanner that is capable of it. he cocked his head to the side and said yea your right. lol even though i didn't find a hellova deal today i had a good time at the shack reminding myself how no one knows anything about what they are selling anymore. wish i could have found a deal today.

wise871

Database Admin
I was lucky. The shack I went too the young man was very knowledgeable about scanners and Radio Reference. When I told him I was an Admin we started talking about the site and radios. His dad had gotten him into scanners. Besides radios he knew about everything in the store. He was even nice enough to check other stores for me and called ahead to have the item waiting for me. I couldn't believe I was in a RadioShack store, LOL

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I know this is a little off topic, but I was in one of my local RS stores this morning to pick up a 800mhz antenna, and of course to see if they had any 996XT's floating around. They didn't, but they did have a PRO-106 on clearance for $147.97. Asked the woman working if she could check to see if they actually had it, so she went in back to look. When she came back, she said they did have it but it was damaged. I asked her in what way, and she said where the antenna connects to the scanner was broke off.

Bummer :(

Not that I need another scanner, but I was thinking more along the lines of getting it for my brother. All he has right now is a 125AT, but he wants to get a trunking scanner soon.

Okay, now back to the topic at hand. :D

:)

wise871

Database Admin
I noticed that many stores have the Pro-197 for $85. I'm surprised no one is grabbing them off the shelf. I know we're looking for the 996XT but the 197 is a great scanner also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jturner0829

Premium Subscriber
I would take any digital scanner at them prices. but they don't have any anywhere close to me. it sucks. not that I really need another one but you know how it is. is there really a such thing as too many? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.