Uniden radios on sale at RadioShack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pick up the last one here in Lincoln on Van Dorn for $260. Two left at Gateway Mall for the same price 68521

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

scoutcamper

Premium Subscriber
Called all around here, Every radio shack between Yreka CA and Sunnyvale CA, none have any unidens on the shelf, however, my local manager in redding is trying to figure out if he can order one for me at the clearance price(price match the receipt posted by bravo14). I will post back here with my results.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That is a great deal for a digital scanner. Wish the Shacks in my area had them that cheap. Although I already have one, I'd snap up another in a heartbeat at that price.

Curious about one thing about the receipt...what's a PIFF/License Fee?

:)

I have no idea what PIFF/License Fee is. I guess when you swipe your Card and they look at your DL/ID to match the card. If they told me about that Fee I may not have done it might have done cash instead.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
That is a great deal for a digital scanner. Wish the Shacks in my area had them that cheap. Although I already have one, I'd snap up another in a heartbeat at that price.

Curious about one thing about the receipt...what's a PIFF/License Fee?

:)

I called 2 different stores Store 1 said possible Public Improvement Fee or State Tax. Store 2 had no idea what was I talking about. I called the 800 number and they were lost too. I went got some items today and I used cash and got home notice the the PIFF/License Fee.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I finally found a 996XT, and it will be in my hands the first of the week. :D

If anyone else is still looking for a 996XT, the following stores in Ohio apparently have them -

Logan: (740) 380-1420

Columbus - Great Southern: (614) 491-8301

You'll have to call to confirm the prices. The manager of the Athens, Ohio store checked regional inventory and told me that these two stores each have one 996XT in stock.

Good luck! :cool:

scoutcamper

Premium Subscriber
When i get it in my hand i will post the reciept, but i just got a 996xt for $124.99 at the santa clara radio shack(my father works at intel, he was able to go retrieve it).

I know there are 2 others in the area, Emmeryville and Pinole radioshacks both have 1 996xt per store. For those who do not know the area, that is on the san fransisco side of the bay.

Good Luck!

When i get it in my hand i will post the reciept, but i just got a 996xt for $124.99 at the santa clara radio shack(my father works at intel, he was able to go retrieve it).

I know there are 2 others in the area, Emmeryville and Pinole radioshacks both have 1 996xt per store. For those who do not know the area, that is on the san fransisco side of the bay.

Good Luck!
Wow that's awesome!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I'm out and about in Downtown Chicago. Stopped in the Michigan Ave. RS just to see what they had. Had one left for $264.97 so I decided to get it. When the guy rang me up, the price came up 174.94!! I knew I picked a good day to go downtown. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express via "Tap-A-Talk"

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I'm out and about in Downtown Chicago. Stopped in the Michigan Ave. RS just to see what they had. Had one left for $264.97 so I decided to get it. When the guy rang me up, the price came up 174.94!! I knew I picked a good day to go downtown. :)

Your lucky they did not tax the crap out of it......lol

flythunderbird

Feed Provider

Good Luck!

Congratulations! The one I talked about above turned out to be a bust. The store where I found it for $262 was over an hour's drive away, so they sent it to my local store. The local store rang it up at just under $400; when I pointed out that the price wasn't right, the associate called the regional manager who said he would not do a price adjustment, it didn't matter what the other store's price was. :roll: I left it sitting on the counter. Oh well!

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Congratulations! The one I talked about above turned out to be a bust. The store where I found it for $262 was over an hour's drive away, so they sent it to my local store. The local store rang it up at just under $400; when I pointed out that the price wasn't right, the associate called the regional manager who said he would not do a price adjustment, it didn't matter what the other store's price was. :roll: I left it sitting on the counter. Oh well!
Damn, that sucks. You'd think the RS would do the adjustment rather than lose a sale. No wonder RS is in the toilet financially.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Despite my recently acquired dislike of Uniden I happened across a 996XT in a RS in Rocky Point NY. I was in there just to buy a cable and there it was. Marked down to $262, then to $172. Last one in the store, NIB. I asked the store manager if it might come down lower, he said most likely if it didn't sell in a few weeks it would wind up on Overstock. Yeah, you know what I did. I held my nose (LOL!) and bought it on the spot :lol: How could I pass up a deal like that? ;Great thing is I can use all my existing 15XT files and just add digital stuff!

Wthom100

Looks like the price of the 996XT has been lowered to $124.99 at Radio Shack. Was able to find another one after calling about 15 other stores in Detroit metro area (I almost gave up but called several others and found one in Dearborn, MI store). Person indicated it was $350. I told him I bought one from another Radio Shack for $174.99 2 weeks ago - I asked him to scan it because I thought it would ring-up as $174.99 - he scanned it and it came-up $124.99! Told him to hold it for me and that I would be there in several hours to pick it up.

Was able to use a $10 off coupon so the final price I paid was around $117 total after tax. Brand new in box. Also, they gave me $30 in coupons for future use.

Not to bad for a scanner that will still be useful for awhile.

Again, just have to keep calling around to find that store that has one - ask them to check the back room - tell them it might be on clearance. If they quote a higher price ask them to scan it to see if a lower price comes-up.

I noticed the hand-helds (396Xt) are still in the $450-$475 range - they have not been reducing these prices to clear them out - not sure why (especially as the new Radio Shack scanners are coming into stock now)

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Looks like the price of the 996XT has been lowered to $124.99 at Radio Shack. Was able to find another one after calling about 15 other stores in Detroit metro area (I almost gave up but called several others and found one in Dearborn, MI store). Person indicated it was $350. I told him I bought one from another Radio Shack for $174.99 2 weeks ago - I asked him to scan it because I thought it would ring-up as $174.99 - he scanned it and it came-up $124.99! Told him to hold it for me and that I would be there in several hours to pick it up.

Was able to use a $10 off coupon so the final price I paid was around $117 total after tax. Brand new in box. Also, they gave me $30 in coupons for future use.

Not to bad for a scanner that will still be useful for awhile.

Again, just have to keep calling around to find that store that has one - ask them to check the back room - tell them it might be on clearance. If they quote a higher price ask them to scan it to see if a lower price comes-up.

I noticed the hand-helds (396Xt) are still in the $450-$475 range - they have not been reducing these prices to clear them out - not sure why (especially as the new Radio Shack scanners are coming into stock now)

Good luck everyone.

Now THAT is a STEAL :D:D:D !!!

I paid $172 for mine.

BTW after I bought mine in Rocky Point NY I called every other RS in Suffolk County. The few that did have any told me they were listed in the high $300's range. I admit I didn't ask any of these stores to actually scan the SKU to see if it came up cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.