Uniden Remote Head Project

mancow

Database Admin
@ra7850

I just ran the debugger in BASIC display mode and it works fine!

Also I don't see a ground linking the nextion to the teensy in your pic.

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
I see 5v and ground from the battery to the Nextion and then the two data lines from the Nextion to the Teensy. I don't see a common ground tying them all together. Without that you will see no potential difference of your data lines to and from the display. You need to tie the Nextion ground to the Teensy ground. All components need a common ground. The radio gets its ground through the USB cable.

Last edited:

ra7850

Not following. You don't see 5v between the red and black at the display little micro usb board from the battery?
Good catch, in my craziness yesterday, trying to verify power I must have missed that when I moved from the powered usb from the laptop to the battery. I just rewired it, let me test and see what happens now.

ra7850

Good catch, in my craziness yesterday, trying to verify power I must have missed that when I moved from the powered usb from the laptop to the battery. I just rewired it, let me test and see what happens now.

That didn't help, still no change.Pressing the button on the teensy loads the driver as I hear Windows load then remove the driver. Only thing is the light on teensy never comes on and hasn't since it was originally programmed. I've also retested voltage on the red wire it is 4.57 volts.

ra7850

That looks right. The first in its own box should be 5v USB host/ client power then the two data and then two grounds. If you got the data+ - mixed up it won't damage anything. It just won't work. Just be sure to never allow 5v on any data lines as it's only 3.3v compliant.

So the 5th hole on the teensie, as shown below is the ground between the teensie and the nextion?

Attachments

• 20200215_220214.jpg
    20200215_220214.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 61

mancow

Database Admin
It can be. Ground is ground. You can just pick one. There should be a card that came with it that shows the pinouts. The last two of the USB port are both grounds and also there is one on one of the corner pins and one in the middle along one side. But yes, that looks like it should work.

Have you tried any test sketches to see if the board works? Something as simple as Serial.println("test"); in the loop?

ra7850

It can be. Ground is ground. You can just pick one. There should be a card that came with it that shows the pinouts. The last two of the USB port are both grounds and also there is one on one of the corner pins and one in the middle along one side.
ok thanks. Still same issue using a new teensie. The teensie button loads and unloads the driver, I hear the windows sounds. SDS does absolutely nothing. I tried just plugging the SDS into the laptop and proscan it instantly prompts for the serial connection so that eliminates the jack the SDS from the problem.