Uniden Remote Head Project

mancow

Database Admin
No, I don't hink he meant to say that. You power the SDS100 from the micro USB and your usual power source, which will override the battery power, and the control commands goes from the mini USB.

/Ubbe
Correct

garys

Premium Subscriber
That brings me something sort of related that's baffled me.

If data is reported out of via the micro USB port, shouldn't I be able to connect to the ARC536 virtual control via that? I though I was able to do that at one time, but can't seem to get it to work anymore.

mancow

Database Admin
That brings me something sort of related that's baffled me.

If data is reported out of via the micro USB port, shouldn't I be able to connect to the ARC536 virtual control via that? I though I was able to do that at one time, but can't seem to get it to work anymore.
No it doesn't report that data unfortunately.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I see now. I misread Ubbe's post. I didn't know that you could power the SDS100 via the micro USB. I guess that would make some sort of sense, but it's still a mystery what else that port is for.

No it doesn't report that data unfortunately.

Ubbe

I see now. I misread Ubbe's post. I didn't know that you could power the SDS100 via the micro USB. I guess that would make some sort of sense, but it's still a mystery what else that port is for.
It's a direct connection to the DSP processor. It can be used to present a live bandscope of the IF frequency, which where indicated by a image file in the firmware and later a working bandscope program where made by Steve Holloway and posted at his facebook group that also show what the different filter settings do to the IF bandpass and signal strenght.

/Ubbe

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
I was going to wait to ask the question but I'll ask now...on the pictures you have the detailed display (can't remember what Uniden calls them). Will the remote display mimic what is on the actual scanner or will it always have all the data as shown? I'm currently running with the "simple" display.

As I've said in past posts...I'm so anxious for something like this I don't really care! Just curious!! I'm in for two units whenever they become available!

mancow

Database Admin
Made the keypad a bit larger and more visible. Working now on updating the font to fix the RSSI top icon and other things needed.

Prior to these fixes I took it out on a road trip out of town. The camera always makes it look like crap but it's very clear and sharp.

I'm working on an idea to elminate that power cable out of the top.

First Road Trip.jpg

Newer keypad.

NewButtons.png

mancow

Database Admin
Ah, why individualize them? Took an image of all buttons then blitted them to the screen as one image with the transparent buttons on top. Much faster. Wish I had thought of that prior to writing 24 button code images. :unsure:

Anyway, I subdued the keypad so it's not so bright.

Shockwavrider

Made the keypad a bit larger and more visible. Working now on updating the font to fix the RSSI top icon and other things needed.

Prior to these fixes I took it out on a road trip out of town. The camera always makes it look like crap but it's very clear and sharp.

I'm working on an idea to elminate that power cable out of the top.

View attachment 93253

Newer keypad.

View attachment 93252
AWESOME! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!! I would be willing to buy one once tou start selling them!!!!

mancow

Database Admin
I have a button now that turns green when GPS is on and red when off at the top along with an EXIT to bail out of the program if set to launch in full screen mode. I have it detecting the model type on launch with a splashscreen as a test to display what type is plugged in. I wouldn't think it would be out of the question to use that to determine what other type is present and auto adapt to the 436/536 and P2 types but will have to check into that later. I do have a 436 to try.

EDIT:
So, I tried it. It's a bit skewed with the top buttons covered and some icons drawn incorrectly but works since most is the same. A bit of modification and it should be just fine. I guess I should edit that static SDS text now and just make it simply Uniden Model:

436.PNG
436scan.PNG

Last edited:

VK2FBIG

Premium Subscriber
This looks fantastic. Exactly what I'm looking for to hide away the SDS100 and keep it permanently mounted in the Jeep. I'd be interested in one too down in Australia if you are selling them - or selling the code etc etc. Great stuff !!

mancow

Database Admin
I'm trying to figure out why the touch coordinates are off caliber when running in command line only mode.