Uniden Repair Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Well, I've only bought Uniden scanners since the early 80's and I haven't ever had a problem. So I'm just going to have some faith and go for it. I like that Amazon angle though. Those guys will take back anything, no questions asked.
Yes! I bought a Whistler TRX-1 off Amazon, got a bad one that looked like someone's return. It would only work off USB power. So I kept it for a few days to play with it before I returned it. I decided to get a 436hp instead, and love it. While I was disappointed that I got a dud in the end it was nice to test one to see how it did for reception and if I liked the interface so it worked out

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
You ship to their shippers then they ship to themselves.... Sorry but this is insane way to do it. Yes I am insane. Thus I shipped to their shippers! So do they then return ship it to their shippers to ship back to you by other shippers?

MStep

Well, I've only bought Uniden scanners since the early 80's and I haven't ever had a problem. So I'm just going to have some faith and go for it. I like that Amazon angle though. Those guys will take back anything, no questions asked.

If you can find one at Amazon or Walmart right now. The SDS series seems to sporadically be in short supply. Even so, I would hold off buying from anywhere else. I seem to remember that a year ago, when I bought my 200, I recall that it was listed as "Sold By Amazon". Right now I only see one or two other dealers advertising on the Amazon site.

To keep the post on-topic, the only bright side of a possible current "shortage" is that it may give the Uniden Repair department a little breathing room to catch up with repairs, parts being available of course.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
You ship to their shippers then they ship to themselves.... Sorry but this is insane way to do it. Yes I am insane. Thus I shipped to their shippers! So do they then return ship it to their shippers to ship back to you by other shippers?
Seems to fall on deaf ears, I have tried emails to Uniden, Joe doesn’t answer and no response from Uniden.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I think they were working through COVID ok, when the north pole went south on vacation last week it really did them in down there. I heard about some chip shortage going on now too, PC video cards are nearly impossible to find. I wonder if that's yet another contributing factor?
If you don't mind my asking, what's wrong with your 436?

Unit !: took a nose dive resulted in broken SMA thread; internal clock issue; line running through bottom of display screen, got unit wet.
Unit 2: the port on the side won't let you program the radio. You have to remove the SD card and insert it in a card reader. I am not likely to send this radio in right now.

fmurphy

Premium Subscriber
Good luck with customer service. Communication doesn't exist and with their new software system they're unable to answer your questions or find your scanner.
They may have lost my SDS200 that was returned a second time for screen replacement. But they sure cashed the $89 m.o. I sent with it.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody seen or heard from Uniden about how far behind Uniden is behind on repairs. I know supposedly the storm and Covid is having an affect on the repairs. I sent my 536 in three weeks ago and still have not even received a email that they have received it in the mail. They have not sent an SRO number or anything telling me at least they did get it. They maybe busy but why can’t they take two minutes to acknowledge reciept? I have emailed them over a week ago and no answer. Is there a number to call and if I did would it do any good? Ridiculous! Come on Uniden I’m not the only one wanting some idea of what you are doing.

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
I have went there several times and get nothing. I tried phone number and zip. I have no SRO number seeing they have never replied.

timhir25

Premium Subscriber
Your right, JoplinFossil. Ridiculous! You Know I have wanted to buy both SDS 100 & 200. I keep reading on the RR
the problems both scanners have been having. If something happens and I have to send back to Uniden I get the same
treatment as JoplinFossil.

Stuff like this is why I am hesitant to buy them. At the latest he should have had an email with the work order number
by the end of the business day, no matter how busy Uniden is.

Tim

daddyjohn

Seems to fall on deaf ears, I have tried emails to Uniden, Joe doesn’t answer and no response from Uniden.
Did you get a tracking number when you shipped it to them? If you did then you should know when it has been delivered. Sometimes the process is slow.

MStep

Is anyone answering the phones? Is the building still standing ??? Maybe they've slipped into a parallel universe. It's also possible that the whole company shuts down for a week or two for spring vacation. But the silence is ominous.

johnstorz8788

Add me to the list of unsatisfied repair customers. I sent my BCD396XT in for repair back in January. They received it and emailed me my SRO number on 1/21/21. I had included my credit card info on the repair form, and they charged my card $89 on 1/22. On 3/2/21 I received an email from customer support telling me that I still needed to pay for my repair. I called them and informed them that I had provided credit card information on the repair form, and that they had already charged my credit card on 1/25. They were very apologetic and told me they would send an email to corporate to get the matter resolved. They also said that they would contact me right away when they got a response from corporate. Today 3/11/21 I decided to call again as it has been over week, with no follow-up. They told me that there was still no response from corporate, but they would be sure to let me know when there is. I wonder if I will ever see my BCD396XT again.

Last edited:

JoplinFossil

Premium Subscriber
Did you get a tracking number when you shipped it to them? If you did then you should know when it has been delivered. Sometimes the process is slow.
Yes I have a tracking number. It was delivered to the front desk and received by Lee. What did Lee do with it? No SRO number after 3 weeks??? I want something from Uniden saying they received it not UPS.
Add me to the list of unsatisfied repair customers. I sent my BCD396XT in for repair back in January. They received it and emailed me my SRO number on 1/21/21. I had included my credit card info on the repair form, and they charged my card $89 on 1/22. On 3/2/21 I received an email from customer support telling me that I still needed to pay for my repair. I called them and informed them that I had provided credit card information on the repair form, and that they had already charged my credit card on 1/25. They were very apologetic and told me they would send an email to corporate to get the matter resolved. They also said that they would contact me right away when they got a response from corporate. Today 3/11/21 I decided to call again as it has been over week, with no follow-up. They told me that there was still no response from corporate, but they would be sure to let me know when there is. I wonder if I will ever see my BCD396XT again.
I checked and they have cashed my personal check but I still can’t get a SRO number or any indication of how long it will take. They seem to have time to take your money. I keep hearing they are backlogged from the storm and Covid. I think they are just using these for excuses.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber

Welcome to the land of the insane. God, what a funny post. I needed a laugh this morning. I am waiting a bit longer to send my 436P in for repair.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
sent SDS100 in for repair. Received at Uniden 03/04/2021. no status available yet. How can I check to make sure it is in process? If I have chosen wrong forum / I appologize. Thank You for your time

llwade

Premium Subscriber
the clasp on the battery door broke in half. I thought I read, upon receipt of radio, they would send an email telling you they had received it

Status
Not open for further replies.