Uniden Repair Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm in a very similar predicament, though it's been a lot longer. Was signed for on 2/23 but doesn't appear in their system. I'm sure there is a reason for the delay on entering it in the system.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It has been in the past that a ticket does not show up until the scanner is on a repair bench to be repaired.
Mine have never shown up when they were received but I send UPS and get a notice that it was delivered.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Repairs get shipped to "Saddle Creek Logistics" first... Then to the Uniden repair center...
You will see nothing from that point until as Bud (post #83) above said...

See post #47 and #51

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Was not sure how to replace. Wanted someone who knew what they were doing to replace. The scanner is very important to me. As far as filling out repair slip, tried but no info in response. That is why I was concerned. If they had recognized radio I would have felt whole lot better

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Was not sure how to replace. Wanted someone who knew what they were doing to replace. The scanner is very important to me. As far as filling out repair slip, tried but no info in response. That is why I was concerned. If they had recognized radio I would have felt whole lot better
A number of people have have had the clip break again after getting it back from Uniden repair. If that happens to you, just order the $10 improved replacement from Jon and replace it yourself. Here is a short video showing how install a new clip without disassembling the scanner. It is a very easy fix.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is there any update on this situation? I sent a scanner for repair and UPS says it was delivered over a month ago, yet it does not show up in the system. I sent an e-mail but I haven't received a reply.

I know things are backed up, understandably. However it would be helpful if perhaps Joe Bearcat could give us some information on what kind of delays we should expect.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I called Uniden today and spoke with a person named Simon at Customer Support. I was told my scanner was in the repair facility and I should receive it back by the end of the month.

The culprits were weather, COVID, etc., etc., etc.

The repair journey began on February 16. So what was about a 3 week process has elongated to about 10 weeks if what they say holds true.

My two cents is that Uniden ought to modify the website cautioning folks that repair time is longer than typical.

rsgorman

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how long it takes for Uniden repair to log in a repair? I sent my scanner on March 1, 2021 and still no info on the Uniden site. Any info would be appreciated.

palmerjrusa

I had to return my HomePatrol 2 late last year for repair under warranty due to a screen issue.

Uniden's repair facility indicated a return date about 5 weeks from the date of receipt of the scanner.

It was shipped back to me repaired on that exact date originally provided by Uniden.

palmerjrusa

Meanwhile, you take a big chance with anything coming through the USPS Baltimore Sorting Center.

An item I ordered from Chameleon Antenna with 2-day Priority Shipping took 26 days, three late/delayed mail case requests and one missing mail case request before it arrived.

Baltimore USPS sent it out twice only for the package to bounce right back to Baltimore. The third time they sent it to the wrong post office where it lay around for three days before being sent back to Baltimore. Then nothing on the tracking history, not even an indication Baltimore had received it. Finally it arrived, 26 days after being shipped from Nevada.

This isn't an isolated incident, google "Baltimore USPS Sorting Office", it returns page after page of problems with mail not being delivered or going missing.

MartyF81

Premium Subscriber
Morning Everyone.

I had an issue with the screen on one of my SDS200's and sent it in to Uniden on 2/9/2021 via UPS. It arrived there just before the snow-destruction.

This is the address I sent it to:
Uniden America: Parts Return Department C/O Saddle Creek
743 Henrietta Creek Rd., Suite 100
Roanoke, TX 76262

I checked the Uniden repair status site after a week and there was no record of my device being received in the site. I figured because of the storms so I waited 2 weeks before checking again still nothing.

I called their hotline, and they told me it had been received but that they were short staffed and behind because of the Texas weather/electricity issues etc... The woman I spoke with put me on hold for about 5 mins while she went to verify it had been received.

After another 2 weeks I checked the site again. No record. No email confirmation either. So I called again. A different person verified for me they had it and it was in the repair shop.

Fast forward to this past Weds. I received a text message from FedEx alerting me that a package was being shipped to me by Uniden. I have a FedEx and UPS accounts set to alert me when they receive a package with my address.

Later that day I received an email from Uniden that my unit had been repaired and I had been charged the $89 repair fee. I saw the charge on my Amex a few mins later.

There was a delay with FedEx... but my package is out for Delivery today (yes Sunday) and expected soon.

So end to end just under 2 months.

For reference, I never received an email that they got my device. It never appeared in the repair status checker. I even put the SRO number from the email I received when they shipped it back... and it does not come back with anything in the system even right now.

Hopefully this helps somebody.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Morning Everyone.

I had an issue with the screen on one of my SDS200's and sent it in to Uniden on 2/9/2021 via UPS. It arrived there just before the snow-destruction.

This is the address I sent it to:
Uniden America: Parts Return Department C/O Saddle Creek
743 Henrietta Creek Rd., Suite 100
Roanoke, TX 76262

I checked the Uniden repair status site after a week and there was no record of my device being received in the site. I figured because of the storms so I waited 2 weeks before checking again still nothing.

I called their hotline, and they told me it had been received but that they were short staffed and behind because of the Texas weather/electricity issues etc... The woman I spoke with put me on hold for about 5 mins while she went to verify it had been received.

After another 2 weeks I checked the site again. No record. No email confirmation either. So I called again. A different person verified for me they had it and it was in the repair shop.

Fast forward to this past Weds. I received a text message from FedEx alerting me that a package was being shipped to me by Uniden. I have a FedEx and UPS accounts set to alert me when they receive a package with my address.

Later that day I received an email from Uniden that my unit had been repaired and I had been charged the $89 repair fee. I saw the charge on my Amex a few mins later.

There was a delay with FedEx... but my package is out for Delivery today (yes Sunday) and expected soon.

So end to end just under 2 months.

For reference, I never received an email that they got my device. It never appeared in the repair status checker. I even put the SRO number from the email I received when they shipped it back... and it does not come back with anything in the system even right now.

Hopefully this helps somebody.

You bring up some great suggested improvements for Uniden to work on. A "sign up for test message updates" would be very helpful which could be triggered once a cell number is added to your profile. Having the option to opt-out of sales related emails would also be beneficial. "Your scanner was received"...."Your scanner is being worked on by tech" #1234"...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You bring up some great suggested improvements for Uniden to work on. A "sign up for test message updates" would be very helpful which could be triggered once a cell number is added to your profile. Having the option to opt-out of sales related emails would also be beneficial. "Your scanner was received"...."Your scanner is being worked on by tech" #1234"...
More timely updates, whether by text or email would be helpful, along with actually updating the repair status website on a timely basis. I don't know if "Your scanner is being worked on by tech #####" would be such a good idea. I suspect that too many people would be picking up the phone & calling to ask to speak to the specific tech. Perhaps a more generic 'your unit has been assigned to a tech' would be better.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
More timely updates, whether by text or email would be helpful, along with actually updating the repair status website on a timely basis. I don't know if "Your scanner is being worked on by tech #####" would be such a good idea. I suspect that too many people would be picking up the phone & calling to ask to speak to the specific tech. Perhaps a more generic 'your unit has been assigned to a tech' would be better.

Every tech can be named Joe...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

W0IFM

Premium Subscriber
Hello all!

I sent my scanners In a couple weeks ago for repairs and they don't seem to be up the Uniden repair page site yet. I'm guessing the brutal Texas storm must be slowing down the repair process on top of COVID restrictions?

Thank you
I had mine in and it took FOREVER! Sent it in on 1/29/21 and it took 8-10 weeks. do not expect your radio to show up on the repair status page, mine did not the entire time. Call Uniden customer service once you see that your tracking number shows they received the scanner, try and talk with Christie, she seems to be the only one that is actually customer service oriented over there. She will find your service order and keep tabs on it, I called every two weeks until she could give me a ship date. Just keep on em!

Status
Not open for further replies.