Uniden Repair Kudos/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure which Forum to post in as their seems to be so many on RR, so i'll start here. I've read of some who ask questions and make comments on Uniden repairs, so being a veteran scanner dude, i'll post mine.

Had a little "coffee mishap" , and had a splash on my older but very reliable 396XT. No, I didn't have a case (But I do now!) , and scanner started acting up...turning off at will etc. I first cussed myself out, then went on line and looked at the Uniden site for repair instructions which I followed.

Stopped by my local UPS distribution facility, printed out a label and paid $14.95 for two-day insured shipment...Aug. 18th. Received notification it arrived in Raonake, TX on Aug. 20th.

Waited patiently, and saw that my check of $49.50 (Required per Uniden) was cleared on Friday Sept. 5th, and the scanner arrived yesterday Sept. 8th. 3 week turnaround...not bad!! Just some corrosion on the keyboard/keypad and a replacement of some keys did the trick. Happy to report she's working fine, and tucked n her new leather case thanks to scannermaster!

Now for the suggestions Upman:

The website to get the information to send out for a repair is difficult to navigate. I do have a log in account, and would have been nice to link to "repair information" or something like that.

Email notifications: Since I do have an Uniden account, maybe an email notification as to the progress status? Maybe we could send something letting the repair people a broken and injured scanner is enroute. Thanks for letting me rave and rant....

JamesO

Uniden Repair is so totally not Customer Focused as far as update or communications.

I can say they are totally Administratively out of it. There is even no way to contact them if you really need to. The phone number on their letters has been busy for 6 months!!

I had the credit card cancelled that I sent the info in on a repair request before they charged it, I was snail mailed a letter that said I had 21 days to pay for the repair, otherwise the item would be discarded. The letter was already 7 days old by the time I received it!! Then there was no way to email or call them. The number was constantly busy.

They had my email address and phone numbers but nobody wants to take a few moments to do the right thing other than sent out snail mail with out of date contact info!!

Go figure, maybe they need a new Manager to actually send a few items in for repair just to see what is feels like to be treated like a mushroom!

I have a 996XT sitting here for over 6 months that needs to go in for repair and I have just delayed sending it because the last experience was SO bad that I had with the Repair Group!

joeuser

The Wretched
No doubt, I'm still waiting for some logon confirmation or key confirmation to upgrade the 396T firmware... That was over a day ago now... Need a key to upgrade firmware? Like I could use their firmware on another radio?! Like the 396T is still THE hot rig?! What a joke... The more I expose myself to this company the more I am turned off...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I aim to creep people out...I mean please. Not sure why you didn't get the original notice--the system shows it hasn't been down.

Last edited:

tmeyer101

Premium Subscriber
UPMan -

I sent in a Pro-96 for repair, and see it received on the 27th August - has not been any update to the record since then. Estimated ship date is 17 September. Are things just backed up? Does RS equipment get in line behind Uniden, or is it first come first served? Should I expect the 17th to happen? SRO #1988493.

Thanks

joeuser

The Wretched
I aim to creep people out...I mean please. Not sure why you didn't get the original notice--the system shows it hasn't been down.
Glitch maybe, whatever you did worked. Might be something to keep an eye on. I never got anything until you pushed it through though - I checked my junk mail folder also. Thanks again.

DougG2001

I know this thread is has sat for a few months
Just to let everyone know that the price to get your 396XT is not 49.50 anymore its now $79.95 not including the extra 10 dollars for them to ship it back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.