Uniden Repair Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinto

Hello all. I have had my 396T for about 2 months now. Went through the updates with no problems and have noticed some improvements. Over the weekend however I noticed that my power on button started to not work. As of last night it will power on but not power the unit down. I have contacted uniden and am sending it back for repairs. Anyone else had this problem or can you guys tell me your experiences with the service department?

Thanks in advance.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I have used the Uniden Service twice now in 3 months. I sent my 396 back for poor audio and they changed the speaker. About 2 weeks after I got it back the speaker broke again. Both times it took about 3 weeks to get it back from them. I would make sure that when you ship it back that you use a service that will give you a tracking number "just in case".
You can go to the Uniden website and check on the status of your repair.

Good Luck!
Dave

Chinto

Thanks for the reply. i sent it out today UPS next day and have a tracking number. Will they update you and tell you what is wrong with the unit before they fix it?

Thanks

mrsvensven

Mine was out of warranty, so they looked at it and gave me a quote (which happened to be 0$) before fixing it. My options were:
Pay $8.00 shipping + $0 parts and labor for them to fix it and ship it back
Pay $8.00 to have it shipped back
Have them throw my scanner away

If your warranty is still good they might just fix it and return it.

jimlawrence

I recently had a good experience with Uniden repair service. I sent a 996 to Ft. Worth for some minor work prior to selling it to a good friend of mine and the turn-around was great, what needed to be done was done correctly and, most importantly, he's totally happy with the 996 he bought from me.

I wouldn't hesitate to send them work again.

YMMV.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
My 396 was out of warranty so I had to pay the $60$ anyway to have it fixed. Even though you shipped it next day air to them, don't be alarmed if it takes a few more days to show up in their system. They received my scanner on a Friday (per delivery confirmation) and I could not see it in their system until Wednesday. Once it is there you will see the estimated return date and what was replaced.
Dave

kd7ckq

I recently sent my BC780XLT in. Service was great. I plugged it in to a tip-negative PS by accident. I swear the thing was on fire. Was ready to throw it away. They fixed it and it is good as new.
If I ever do a stupid thing like that again, I know where I am sending it without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.