Uniden repair turnaround time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rja1

Premium Subscriber
Last month I finally got around to sending my SDS100 in for warranty repair. Several issues, primarily lack of sensitivity on VHF Hi Band. I've built crystal radios, when I was a kid, that had better sensitivity than this thing! I got a summary emailed to me when they received the radio on 5/21/19, with an estimated ship date of 6/18/19. I've looked at the status page several times over the last week...no change since I first got it on 5/21. Would like to know, from those with recent experience, what was your turnaround time from the time you got the email status page to the time you had it back in your hand?

Thanks,
Frustrated

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The "estimated" repair time is usually in the two to four week range, and Uniden normally gives you a default estimate for ship date of 30 days from receipt date. Actual return date will depend on how busy they are at the time (how many units are ahead of your's), and also if, when your scanner gets it's turn with a technician, can he make the repair immediately, or is there some delay in getting one of the parts needed. Quite often, reading past posts, you may check the estimated ship date, which is still "in the future" by a few days or more, but then suddenly get a ship notification that it's on the way back. That was the case when I sent in my 536HP and one of the 436HPs for the clock repair. they were out the door & headed back, even though the status page had not yet been updated.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I sent my sds200 in same week I went on vacation and it is still sitting there appear it hasn't got looked at its been 3 weeks plus a few days this week.

Joe_Blough

I sent my sds200 in same week I went on vacation and it is still sitting there appear it hasn't got looked at its been 3 weeks plus a few days this week.
What week did you go on vacation and what did you send it in for? I am suspecting it is going to take time for Uniden techs to get up to speed on such a new product.

Last edited:

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I went end of May I send it off two days before I left. They got it at May 24. I send it in for the hum issues I put the part in myself and the hum still there and got louder.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I had to pay to ship my SDS200 back for another bad display. The first time the display went bad, ScannerMaster handled it under their 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Uniden received mine on 6/7/2019 and they're estimating shipping it back on 7/5/2019. NOT IMPRESSED!

garys

Premium Subscriber
Uniden received my 536HP on May 8 and it was sent to be in line for shipping yesterday. A part was on back order, so that added to the delay, as well as the holiday weekend. Note that warranty repairs take precedence.

This is a back up scanner, so I'm not overly concerned.

On a guess, their repair center fixes everything, not just scanners. I'll bet that they're very busy.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
UnidenSupport stated summer is here and they are busy with other radios and items. I didn't see no updates on when they are going to look at it. I hope soon cause the 100 battery doesn't last long around here.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
I know in person that Uniden is a very large company which has ALOT of products. I think its a large arduous task for them to repair and fix everything they sell. Radios, phones, radar detectors, etc- the list goes on. If you guys only knew.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That was mentioned to me as well. Marine radios and other items are in high demand and need to be fixed.

UnidenSupport stated summer is here and they are busy with other radios and items. I didn't see no updates on when they are going to look at it. I hope soon cause the 100 battery doesn't last long around here.

Blackink

Remember folks, it is summer time and that means people take vacations, and that means a staff shortage, and that means longer repair times, and that means....be patient please!

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Update to my post: Mine shipped on 6/19 instead of the estimated 7/5.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just looked at the update it showed being worked on 6/19. Part Mac/PAC order # part don’t know what that is.

Joe_Blough

I went end of May I send it off two days before I left. They got it at May 24. I send it in for the hum issues I put the part in myself and the hum still there and got louder.
Ouch. Probably sitting there because they don't have a fix since the metal part didn't help.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the repair form for my scanner it says Diode 701 and mainboard replaced. So, I guess it wasn't my imagination! ;)

garys

Premium Subscriber
My 536HP has been shipped. Should be here Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.