Uniden Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

caver

I am pretty much a lurker, not much at posting but I had to say something about the repair of my BCD396T .
My radio is one of the first ones that were on the market, bought it at Universal around 2005 I think. Anyway it had gotten rather worn through use, I replaced the speaker twice and the keypad once. The case was getting pretty worn, rubber missing over ports, the volumn/function knob wouldn't operate well, slipped some of the time. Sent it in to Uniden earlier this month and they got it on the 7th of Oct and yesterday it was returned. I can't say enough about how great the repair was. The volumn knob now has the proper feel , the case was replaced, several internal parts replaced and it really looks like a brand new radio. For the price they charge $59.50 it is the bargain of the century.
Just had to tell someone!.

Jack KB8PZB

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hi caver:

I know just how elated you're feeling because when I got my 396T back from the Uniden repair folks and saw how the scanner had been fixed, I wanted to shout it from the rooftop. Not only did they fix the several items that I requested but found another issue that I wasn't aware of and they fixed that also.

Yes sir, I heartily recommend the repair service at Uniden!

Russell

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Nice to see posts from users praising Uniden's repair service instead of trashing it.

I haven't had to use their repair service yet, but if/when I have to, I hope my experience will be as good as yours has been.

:)

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
The ones trashing it don't like Uniden's lack of updates on the repair. That's about the only downside, a very trivial issue considering the value they provide.

If you send it in, be patient and let them do their thing. It will take a couple weeks to a month to get it back but I've always got my scanner. Quite often, they not only fix the problem at hand but they'll replace worn parts so your scanner is like new.

I cannot think of ANY company that fixes post warranty products for flat rate AND throws in some extras! Bravo!

kg4pbd

Just to add my own experience, sent my 2005 well worn 396 in last year and it was like getting a brand-new radio back. There aren't a lot of companies that go beyond what's broken to also replace what is worn but working. And you can't beat the price.

sprite1741

Since I am a DIY type, I ordered the case parts from Uniden several months ago and rebuilt my 396t. The only thing from 2006 is the electronics, the battery cover and the belt clip. I had to fabricate the screen gasket. I find myself not handling the rubber case protector so the knobbies don't wear off again, and I have spare speaker. I like companies that I can count on for parts and support.

ludek-brno

email for Uniden Service Reapir

Please for info email adress to Uniden Service Reair ?
Thank You.Ludek

ludek-brno

service repair BCT15X

Scanner has been send to Uniden.
Do I need to send Invoice of purchase.
Therefore, I need e-mail.
No, fax! - Unnecessarily increases the cost of repairs.
Probably not guarantee.
My e-mail : ludek-brno@volny.cz

Status
Not open for further replies.